Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Of course we are Wheatfield. You know better than most that there's a huge difference from a kit lens to a top quality fast prime. The kit lens in tough light is just not going to provide a good image. I do disagree with his comments on the grade of camera though. Today's sensors are all pretty good. Some more than others of course.

03-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
But most times, the biggest flaw in any camera system is the person holding the camera.
03-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #18
Veteran Member

The shots they showed were not badly set up. It is ridiculous, though, for a professional photographer to complain about the lighting. Come prepared! Surely the minister would have allowed the usual posed indoor flash photos after the guests have left the sanctuary.
03-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've been reading a lot about this on other forums but just got the chance to see it today.

Going into a wedding with a kit lenses is definitely not the way to do a professional job.

Still, I don't think the images are horrible... but they aren't good. Kinda hard to see via youtube though.

03-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Kit lens or fast primes - wouldn't have made a difference.
5 times the camera quality - wouldn't have made a difference.

Sure it was obvious that Judge Brown knew more about cameras than she did (Go Judge!)

As I've always claimed, professionalism goes beyond equipment. The unprofessionalism exhibited all throughout this video wouldn't have been fixed by equipment. The fact that she knew she was on national television, on a pretty popular afternoon show didn't faze her! Who would want to hire this rude, petulant imbecile after that exhibition?
03-05-2010, 07:17 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dugrant153 Quote
I've been reading a lot about this on other forums but just got the chance to see it today.

Going into a wedding with a kit lenses is definitely not the way to do a professional job.

Still, I don't think the images are horrible... but they aren't good. Kinda hard to see via youtube though.
Yeah, it is clear that Judge Brown was seeing something in those photos that we couldn't.

Having your clients pick up their proofs/photos at Wal-Mart is also not a good move.
03-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I didn't watch the entire video. The outcome was farily predictable when the judge asked the speed of her 70-300 and she didn't know the answer.

03-08-2010, 02:58 AM   #23
Veteran Member

What f/stop?
Where is your 28-70?
What happened to your 1 series...

priceless...
03-08-2010, 06:07 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Of course we are Wheatfield. You know better than most that there's a huge difference from a kit lens to a top quality fast prime. The kit lens in tough light is just not going to provide a good image. I do disagree with his comments on the grade of camera though. Today's sensors are all pretty good. Some more than others of course.
The judge did say it what a pretty good camera and I saw him focusing on the lens issues; he asked repeatedly about a tripod.......
03-08-2010, 06:09 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
The judge is a twit as well as the photographer.
Bad comment about the judge but you are right about the so-called "pro photographer" Actually I was quite impressed with his knowledge of equipment.
03-08-2010, 08:53 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
The judge did say it what a pretty good camera and I saw him focusing on the lens issues; he asked repeatedly about a tripod.......
Judging from the way she answered that question I wouldn't be surprised if the so called Photographer didn't know what a tripod is
It wouldn't be tough convincing her that it's a pop-up flash

I had to fix a job shot with a Canon Canon XTI Rebel, and from what I saw ISO 400 was USELESS for something like a wedding. The photographs were already grainy, and just no leeway for decent corrections. It took me about 30 seconds to realize that all photographs shot at ISO 400 were turned to B&W for a reason

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
Actually I was quite impressed with his knowledge of equipment.
The same here.