Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Time to get in touch with Arizona Repair...lil help?

Okay guys you might already know the story:

On Oct 28th I sent two cameras and two flashes in for repair. One of them was repaired incorrectly, and the other was deemed beyond economic repair and was returned as a brick although it was functioning just fine when I sent it in. After some phone calls and emails, the charge for the camera that was repaired incorrectly was refunded and the repair department sent me a shipping label to send both cameras back (FOUR or FIVE MONTHS after sending them in).

I've just received a phone call that I will receive a charge of $400.00 to repair the camera that was bricked. The lady on the phone told me that they 'didn't touch it', that it had internal damage, that the estimate was refused and so they returned it.

YEAH WELL HOW WOULD THEY KNOW ABOUT ANY INTERNAL DAMAGE IF THEY 'DIDN'T TOUCH IT'???

It's going on six months since I sent my cameras in and I'm wondering if anyone has a good contact I can email to explain this g@dd#$mn situation to....

Thanks for your help.

Mitch

03-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well it turns out that one of the cameras was sent to Mack, not Pentax. Still that doesn't negate that fact that I have turned down almost 10K worth of work because of this.
03-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sorry you're going through this mess -

Stop messing around with support. Call 1-800-877-0155 (Pentax USA corporate), explain you're a professional photographer who is having a serious issue with Pentax USA repair, and ask to speak to someone who can help outside the repair department.
03-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I might be at the tail end of this mess. Unfortunately it is one that has cost me a bunch of money. Thanks for the number, that's exactly what I was looking for. After a particular email I received today, I believe I'm going to wait a bit to call. We'll just have to see what happens.