Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2010, 06:22 AM   #61
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Spoons Quote
Well, possibly - it'd depend on further details, and I don't know that it's really that important to the discussion to really dissect in detail. My point was that, in general, the dentist can likely expect some amount of payment from insurance, and would then only be waiving the difference.

If that difference is 20%, it would be similar to chargin $8 per photo intead of $10. He can live on cold cuts instead of prime beef steaks. Marianne's position is somewhat different.

As I said, it's not that important, I don't think, and it sounds as though the actual issue is likely going to satisfactorily resolve itself. It wasn't intended as an attack on you, anyway, I hope you appreciate that.
i didn't say it was an attack just that the analogy holds up especially given that most dental plans cover basic things and there are a plethora of treatments and services that dentists do that are beyond the scope such as 'whitening.' If you don't think that acquaintance and friends don't try to get help from skilled or professional people, you are mistaken. Go back and look at GeneV's post. Basically, you are saying its okay for the dentist to ask favors of people because he has a Dr. in front of his name. I don't see it that way.

08-05-2010, 03:33 AM   #62
Inactive Account

No, I know it happens, and that's not at all what I was saying. Far from it.

I understand what you're saying about various forms of dental. I don't think it's relevant due to this comment in the OP;

QuoteQuote:
he has never asked me to pay the difference between his standard fees and what my insurance pays him (true).
This was why I mentioned the fact that the dentist has money to survive whereas the OP cannot survive on the insurance money. Since she doesn't receive any.

However, I'm not here to debate so I'll leave it at that.
08-05-2010, 05:48 AM   #63
Site Supporter

No, I know it happens, and that's not at all what I was saying. Far from it.

I understand what you're saying about various forms of dental. I don't think it's relevant due to this comment in the OP;

This was why I mentioned the fact that the dentist has money to survive whereas the OP cannot survive on the insurance money. Since she doesn't receive any.

However, I'm not here to debate so I'll leave it at that.
You are perseverating on insurance money. I know what the OP said. My first post was partially rhetorical, and it didn't involve insurance money. If he was an auto repair guy or landscape service, would it make you feel better or is the medical profession on a pedestal?

Edit: Spoons, I can see both sides of the story, but not from an elitist point of view.

Last edited by Blue; 08-05-2010 at 05:56 AM.
08-05-2010, 06:34 AM   #64
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue:
Edit: Spoons, I can see both sides of the story, but not from an elitist point of view.
I'm not sure I appreciate this elitism suggestion you make and you don't know me so you shouldn't pretend to know my point of view. But you are forgiven.

At this point I'm not that concerned with continuing this, so the easiest way is to just retract my comment. Consider it done.

08-05-2010, 06:48 AM   #65
Site Supporter

I'm not sure I appreciate this elitism suggestion you make and you don't know me so you shouldn't pretend to know my point of view. But you are forgiven.

At this point I'm not that concerned with continuing this, so the easiest way is to just retract my comment. Consider it done.
Nowhere did I say I knew your point of view. I was referring to the dentist and his family and their point of view. However, your signature line certainly thought provoking:

QuoteQuote:
A stranger's just a friend you haven't met. A hobo is a friend you haven't met who already wants to borrow money.
For the record, if you don't want to debate, don't get into a thread with a debate. O.k. we're done.

sarcasm