Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
No bracketing,
The spec sheet, under 'Drive Modes'', says Single |Continuous | Self-timer | Remote Control | Auto Bracketing - 3 frames.

Since it also has an HDR setting on the mode dial, as well as multiple exposure settings, I would be surprised if bracketing wasn't supported.

02-04-2012, 10:21 AM - 2 Likes   #62

I like the style, very clean and that big mode dial should be easy to use with gloves on. The IQ should be stellar and with wide angle to short telephotos, this will be a great, unobtrusive street cam (not in the yellow though). The contrast AF should eliminate back- and front-focusing issues. A built in flash is a nice feature. The whining over the styling here is a bit much I think. The Sony Nex cams are stupid looking, a slab with a vestigial grip hung off of a lens mount. Luminous Landscape mentioned in their review of the Nex-5 that Sony had gone a bit too far in downsizing the camera, I think Pentax has produced something one can actually hold. As to the thickness, if you put a legacy adapter on any mirrorless cam you have something as thick as the K-01. With a legacy lens, none of these cameras is shirt-pocketable.

The camera could use an optional EFV for use with telephoto lenses, however the Sony EVF for the Nex-5n retails for $349.
02-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom in Delaware Quote
the Sony EVF for the Nex-5n retails for $349.
I'd rather buy a nex 7 than a 5 with an EVF you're most of the way there on price and the 7 is better laid out
which is why i don't understand why everyone wants an option EVF. Just offer a second model with EVF and dual wheels etc and wr and you have the enthusiast variant (which I'm sure will happen at some point)
Problem is of course it get's damn close to DSLR proportions once you do that.
02-07-2012, 05:59 AM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I'd rather buy a nex 7 than a 5 with an EVF you're most of the way there on price and the 7 is better laid out
which is why i don't understand why everyone wants an option EVF. Just offer a second model with EVF and dual wheels etc and wr and you have the enthusiast variant (which I'm sure will happen at some point)
Problem is of course it get's damn close to DSLR proportions once you do that.
A separate EVF or OVF seems ideal to me. You can carry a highly compact camera without a vf and use it that way if you like and attach the vf when you need it. The prism is the only thing that keeps the Kx from fitting into a small waist pack the way my old P&S (with a vf) would do. Separate the vf, and you've got a killer compact.

02-16-2012, 04:01 AM   #65
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I do not mind owning a K01 to complement my K10. It is less painful on my back or shoulders at less than 0.5 kg; it is less painful on my pocket at less than US$ 800. Above all, it will give me the joys of owning a set of K10/01 cameras!
02-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ptxbillyk Quote
I do not mind owning a K01 to complement my K10. It is less painful on my back or shoulders at less than 0.5 kg; it is less painful on my pocket at less than US$ 800. Above all, it will give me the joys of owning a set of K10/01 cameras!
Precisely my set-up! I plan to use the K10D exclusively at ISO100, the K-01 for more challenging light and film cameras for proper FOV with old lenses.