Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #136
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
* If no mirror, is it empty space necessary to cover the given flange distance, or has it been utilised somehow? Otherwise, why not have a retractable/collapsable mount? (Expense, probably).
* The lens is a DA, so it will not cover FF.
* Pancake lenses have their limitations, speed is one of them. No hopes for a thin 1.4 lens here.

Otherwise the body may not be bad. The small pictures do not really do it justice. The brick-like shape may actually improve handling. At least it does not appear so much out of balance like many others do, but that is down to the pancake lenses. I'm curious to compare it to the Fuji X200 assuming that is its pricerange.

02-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #137
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Is Adam God or something?
He was created in the image of God. But not on his own.
02-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #138
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Spending more time looking at it... it is actually the tube-like thing that protrude out to accommodate the dial destroying the look. Its like a factory exhaust pipe, or like an old man smoking a pipe....and really no need to be there.
I hope it sell.... so we have a chance at a FF camera.

and.... the new DA 40 lens is ugly too compare to the 40mm ltd. I was really hoping the design by that guy will beat every mirrorless camera in the market.
I'm ok with the aftermarket exhaust. After all, I'll be looking at it from the other side most of the time.
02-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #139
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
I wonder why they made it a point in the design to have that two tone look. It would make sense if the top part was interchangeable by way of modules...
Well it's not an SLR so I guess that's a moot point.
I don't know if you were responding to my comment or not.

My reasoning is based on the Pentax Q. Pentax specifically made the lenses a different color than the body because they wanted users to realize it was an interchangeable lens camera. I'm sure someone who doesn't know about the Q would think the camera would be just a standard digicam, but with that lens of a different color, they realize that something is different about it.

Just speculation, or more like wishful thinking that maybe the top of the camera can be switched out and fitted with an add-on EVF that sits flush with the main body.

02-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #140
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I like the look of my K5 better. Still, I wonder what the pricing on those will be. I guess we will find out!
02-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #141
Veteran Member

Is Adam God or something?
No, but he has had the pre-release photos from Pentax-Ricoh for several days waiting their embargo date so he can post his review of the K-01 tomorrow.......
02-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #142

02-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #143
Veteran Member

It's just the way his omnipotence was intimated in the other post that got me thinking like that.
Never "intimated" anything. Simply stated a fact. Like it or not Adam has been in the know on this one for some time and has played by the rules in this matter unlike those in Asia that have leaked the photos that were embargoed. Next foolishness?
02-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #144
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
No, but he has had the pre-release photos from Pentax-Ricoh for several days waiting their embargo date so he can post his review of the K-01 tomorrow.......
Oh so he's God's press agent then.
02-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #145
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Never "intimated" anything. Simply stated a fact. Like it or not Adam has been in the know on this one for some time and has played by the rules in this matter unlike those in Asia that have leaked the photos that were embargoed. Next foolishness?
Seriously :ugh: I was only kidding hence my smiley qualification . Some of you guys should grow a sense of humor.. Or just stop quoting others that do out of context. ( I hope that was enough smiley content to get the message across)
02-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #146
Veteran Member

Oh so he's God's press agent then.
I would have leaned towards Ricoh/Pentax's press agent. Not sure how or why God came into this

(and yes, I do realize you're just kidding )
02-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #147
Pentaxian

The leaks are probably orchestrated. Adam just did not receive the musical score this time. But did get the pictures so I'm waiting, 2 February down here, the recent pictures do look more decent, but it's the specs
02-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #148
Veteran Member

I think it was my response to the 'faith in Adam's info as fact without any proof' that was my trigger for the inclusion of a God in the conversation. It wasn't meant to be nasty in any way.
02-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #149
Veteran Member

I think it was my response to the 'faith in Adam's info as fact without any proof' that was my trigger for the inclusion of a God in the conversation. It wasn't meant to be nasty in any way.
true, no disrepsect to adam but i've known him to have made mistakes in claims before (specifically when he said the k-r's ff fix patch would be released shortly after the k-5's was... it never came). I'm sure he knows more than us though and Pentax probably gives him some more information than us due to the prestige of running this site, but I wouldn't consider anything he says to be necessarily correct, he could just be speculating just like the rest of us. Although if he says he was given promo information and pictures earlier then I wont doubt it.
02-01-2012, 07:39 PM - 1 Like   #150
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kcmadr Quote
I wonder what the red button does?
Famous last words...