Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by userage Quote
I mean look at the Fuji, its Gorgeous! . . . .Who are they targeting with this camera?

Not people who think the "Fuji is gorgeous." 70s nostalgia is a design choice too. Pentax has chosen to distinguish itself -- which is certainly going to open it up to a lot more criticism than a generic Japanese industrial design or a nostalgic design would. They're "being interesting."

02-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
But, going by the picture, who else thinks the DA40XS has a normal K-mount and will fit PK DSLRS?
02-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
But, going by the picture, who else thinks the DA40XS has a normal K-mount and will fit PK DSLRS?
There are numerous copies of that lens mounted on a (supposed) silver K-5 on the other threads.
02-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #79
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
There are numerous copies of that lens mounted on a (supposed) silver K-5 on the other threads.
yes. Does the dropping of the Limited name tag suggest that it differs optically do you think? or just identical but thinner?

02-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Ah yes, like this one:

That looks really very cool. Although, it would be even cooler on a all black K5, of course.
02-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #81
Pentaxian

Designer's name on the BOTTOM of the K-01 ?!

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
The leaked photo of the battery door with the designers signature isnt a WR door when you look at Pentax's releases on the K5/7 vs those on the K-x/r.
Bonjour,

Agreed that battery door looks more like my K-r than my K-5. Have both of them side by side while looking at this photo ... thus, WR is not likely.

But please, can anyone explain the "Marc Newson" signature on the bottom of the camera next to the battery door ??? Trying to hide it or what ?! Weird IMHO.

Allez, à demain et à Londres tout le monde! Salut, J Frog

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 02-01-2012 at 01:13 PM.
02-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
yes. Does the dropping of the Limited name tag suggest that it differs optically do you think? or just identical but thinner?
According to the 40mm XS specifications, it's still 5 elements in 4 groups with 9 diaphragm blades. Would appear to have the same coatings.

QuoteOriginally posted by John Poitiers Quote
Bonjour,

Agreed that battery door looks more like my K-r than my K-5. Have both of them side by side while looking at this photo ... thus, WR is not likely.

But please, can anyone explain the "Marc Newson" signature on the bottom of the camera next to the battery door ??? Trying to hide it or what ?! Weird IMHO.

Maybe they thought it'd be a tad too pretentious to have it anywhere too visible.

02-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
since when did camera's become a fashion item?? (ok, except the leica's for the rich, that we already know)
Is this offficially the first moaning about how bad they did with designing this without evening knowing what it can do?
have you been paying attention in the last few years cameras have been a fashion item for ages (the super thin sony P&S were the first really successful ones. the original Oly EP had the appeal, the x100, all the holgas the list goes on and on
sure leica has the high end bling covered but there is room for all shapes and sizes in fashion accessories (just not in human bodies in the fashion world
02-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #84
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Play Button

I think the dedicated play button is under the AE/AEL button. it is hard to see but If you look closely it is there.

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
It looks like the Play and AE/AEL share a button, the Play being in blue. I don't know for sure, but likely you press another button to get the blue mode.
02-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
Yeah, or these:

But if you're going to add that much bulk just so you can see to take a picture...

Just colour me unimpressed. As soon as I saw them playing up the "designed by..." crap, I knew they were trying to compensate for something. Who cares who designed it, a little signature plate on the bottom of the camera is just fluff. Being able to see to focus is kinda important.

You'll get no arguments from me on either point. But then, I have worn Wayfarers through 3 tides of popularity and longer periods of them being passe'.
02-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'm thinking that the K-01 is on the left, there's a K-5 next to it, and the one wrapped in yellow tape is the new FF, conveniently wrapped up because it's top secret.. I mean if we're going to speculate... let's go all the way here.
And where is the 645D in the family photo? Hmmmm. Cliff
02-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
I think it is a Ricoh. They were developing it, and when the merger came through, they made a few adjustments, like make it K-mount. And ofcourse change the name to Pentax
I don't think the merger had much effect apart from bringing the thing to market. It was only 3 months ago. Seems to reflect the Q quite a bit.

Pete
02-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
I don't think the merger had much effect apart from bringing the thing to market. It was only 3 months ago. Seems to reflect the Q quite a bit.

Pete
I agree. It seems like combining the Q and the K-R.

And some ugly fairy dust, but that's what makes it adorable.
02-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #89
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by John Poitiers Quote
Bonjour,

Some ocker who designed it
Small piece of black tape should fix it
02-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #90
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
have you been paying attention in the last few years cameras have been a fashion item for ages (the super thin sony P&S were the first really successful ones. the original Oly EP had the appeal, the x100, all the holgas the list goes on and on
sure leica has the high end bling covered but there is room for all shapes and sizes in fashion accessories (just not in human bodies in the fashion world
No not really been paying attention, too busy taking photo's