Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Just thought I'd get in early and reserve a slot.
I know what this place is like
Lol...I think problems with the K-5 and K-r have taught me not to be an early adopter. But on the brighter side, maybe there won't be any problems with front/back focusing in tungsten light since the K-01 uses contrast detect AF. Or at least that's what the rumors say...

Last edited by einstrigger; 02-01-2012 at 10:47 AM.
02-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #17
Veteran Member

it doesn't shoot 4 k video at 1500 frames
02-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #18

Sometimes, with all the models on the market, i wonder what a camera i wouldn't buy 100% would have too look like. Thanks to Ricoh-Pentax, now i have an answer. It's big, not attractive, and no VF. Not even articulated screen. Waste of a good sensor, but who knows, maybe Ricoh marketing know something and it will sell good.

Having that "designer" signature... maybe Ricoh want to go niche and get close to Leica...
02-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Sometimes, with all the models on the market, i wonder what a camera i wouldn't buy 100% would have too look like. Thanks to Ricoh-Pentax, now i have an answer. It's big, not attractive, and no VF. Not even articulated screen. Waste of a good sensor, but who knows, maybe Ricoh marketing know something and it will sell good.

Having that "designer" signature... maybe Ricoh want to go niche and get close to Leica...
I might consider it if it would get me that K-5 sensor really cheap, while waiting for a body with this guy in it. This sensor may push APS-c that extra teeny tiny little bit it needs to equal or surpass FF.

02-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think current Pentax DSLR owners won't like it due to lack of a VF, but it will be extremely appealing to people looking for a high-end body for snapshots and video.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Just look at the wish/complaint list in the Rumors section - it's all there already!
All 100+ pages of them and it hasn't been released yet..........unbelievable
02-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #22

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I think current Pentax DSLR owners won't like it due to lack of a VF, but it will be extremely appealing to people looking for a high-end body for snapshots and video.
Current DSLRs owners like it because it shows the Ricoh/Pentax are still investing in the K-mount, which is always a good thing. I might buy the new DA40 lens too, and I might consider the body, depending on the price and features, since I own a K-x, not a K-5.

Imho, mirrorless ILC is a bit of a fad. if you only buy the m43rd kit zoom lens, you're better off with the high end P&S. But, the pentax has the same flaw as the sony nex, in that the zoom lens makes the package too big compared to be compared to a P&S. If your more of an enthusiasts, you'll buy the mirrorless ILC with a prime lens, and here I think Pentax could do ok. But lets face it, this camera is still bigger than an m43rds with a 20mm F/1.7. On the other hand, with Pentax, you're buying into a fully developed system that is fully compatible with the Pentax K-mount DSLR camera. But the Pentax system needs a pancake between the 21mm F/3.2 and the 40mm F/2.8. A 28mm F/2.4 APS-C only pancake would be a great addition to the pentax lineup, and could be the same size as the 21mm F/3.2
- Shel

Last edited by sheld; 02-01-2012 at 12:54 PM.
02-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sheld Quote
Current DSLRs owners like it because it shows the Ricoh/Pentax are still investing in the K-mount, which is always a good thing. I might buy the new DA40 lens too, and I might consider the body, depending on the price and features, since I own a K-x, not a K-5.

Imho, mirrorless ILC is a bit of a fad. if you only buy the m43rd kit zoom lens, you're better off with the high end P&S. But, the pentax has the same flaw as the sony nex, in that the zoom lens makes the package too big compared to be compared to a P&S. If your more of an enthusiasts, you'll buy the mirrorless ILC with a prime lens, and here I think Pentax could do ok. But lets face it, this camera is still bigger than an m43rds with a 20mm F/1.7. On the other hand, with Pentax, you're buying into a fully developed system that is fully compatible with the Pentax K-mount DSLR camera. But the Pentax system needs a pancake between the 21mm F/3.2 and the 40mm F/2.8.
- Shel

Yes, if you are an enthusiast, you will buy a MILC with a prime lens especially if it has a EVF. Without the EVF it will be more for P&S upgraders and for them it will seem too large and heavy especially with the zoom.
02-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would imagine that the K-01 is more suited to a zoom than the NEX, just based on sheer looks. And here's to hoping an XS version of the 18-55 to come out.
02-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #25
Veteran Member

As a K7 owner who is mostly happy with it i can see the kit with the 40 supplementing my bag for high iso shots. an optional EVF or OVF would make it more appealing ( an OVF like the old fed turret for the 21/40/70 (maybe add a 28 and 15 as well) would be ideal for compositional purposes (even better if i can shut off the LCD to shoot blind so to speak). unfortunately the Fed turret i have doesn't cover any of these apsc FOV (effectively it covers 28/35/50/85/135 on 35mm - the limiteds are 22.5/30.5/60/105 effectively)
it would have the added bonus of adding a funky retro accessory to the mix.

02-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
The lens release button is different! Maybe it won't fall off!

/pokesatk-5owners
Ah but the dial is different too so maybe it will.
02-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
All 100+ pages of them and it hasn't been released yet..........unbelievable
Believe it - we're a fickle and critical bunch we Pentaxians
02-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Should there be a pool as to what the main complaints will be?
HHmmm....why not turn it into a contest? Wouldn't have to cost anything....someone could be crowned the distinctive "Pentax Forums Official Complainer" award.
02-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
HHmmm....why not turn it into a contest? Wouldn't have to cost anything....someone could be crowned the distinctive "Pentax Forums Official Complainer" award.
Other than Ricehigh?
The guy complains not only about what he thinks is wrong, but about what he thinks is right as well!
02-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #30
Inactive Account

The Viewfinder is Waay too big and does not have any rubber around it !