Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: How would you rate Marc Newson's Design, 5 being the highest?
5 7513.11%
4 19033.22%
3 14325.00%
2 9115.91%
1 7312.76%
Voters: 572. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Decoi Quote
What I don't like:
The RED button should have an option to have no functionality as well as video record while only in video mode. I accidentally hit the red button while in just about any other mode but video and it starts recording, this is extremely annoying.
You know you can reassign the two buttons to several other functions? I have mine set to turn on/off focus peaking. I don't want auto video. The dial on top is quick enough for me.

04-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #137
Banned

Photos: Albums
On the questions at the beinning of this thread...

I voted four out of five.

The newer version of the 40mm fits the camera well in a majority of instances in taking pics with it, but... If you are a true creative photographer (or just plain want more versatility) the 27mm filter size may very well be an issue for you. I'm still researching this one further, because one might be limited on the availability of filters based on this 27mm size and may need further adapters. But then again whom am I to complain; I specifically bought ths camera with this lens. But now knowing all of this; outside of the price deal that came with this lens' combo - I really would have prefered the previous verison of the 40mm; or perhaps another DA limited lens - anything outside of the two lens combo.

I already bought the K-01 - was one of the first to receive one of the production models. I also briefly got to handle one of the early prototypes. The official annoucement made me considerably more interested in the camera.

In purchasing the K-01 I rated the looks of the camera as somewhat important. But then again, also consider cameras of an earlier era. Anyone remember the Nikon F's, some of the Konica models (btw Konika still has one of the largest number of patents for camera inventions), or even some of the earlier autofocus lens'. It's not really the design of the camera - it's the functionality of it.

The wording of the fifth item is interesting; people whom have never heard of Pentax. I have yet to find someone whom hasn't heard of the Pentax name in general. But out of all of the people that I've ran into while using the K-01... A very few still concerned about the general looks of the camera, others with the size and weight, and still others with the mirrorless issue. I then explain how I've adapted to using the camera and even show the results. People also seem to be very impressed that it accept most any Pentax PK lens from over many decades.

I believe this was a first good step for both Pentax and for people using the K-01. Is it the perfect camera? No, but what is. I'll rehash my perspective in that; this camera line will be expanded upon; both by Pentax and by other camera companies seeing exactly where this one is going. I'm happy with this decision to purchase one.