Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What's your favorite K-01 color, of the 3 ones available at launch?
Black 12332.37%
Silver and Black 16743.95%
Black and Yellow 9023.68%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was hoping for an all black K-01 but after seeing this I am not so sure.

02-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #62

silver and black, I just don't like the other options
02-10-2012, 05:07 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Are their any black pictures to add to the poll?
02-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
I was hoping for an all black K-01 but after seeing this I am not so sure.
At least that looks like what most of the camera buying public would call a "camera".

Christ, Pentax/Ricoh better release the GXR-K mount *soon* so everyone can stop saying they didn't take mirrorless seriously.

Unless they really haven't.

02-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #65

QuoteOriginally posted by Livert Quote
The poll is flawed as none of these are black.
I agree. My vote goes to the ALL BLACK version that doesn't exist yet.

The "black" version looks goofy with the silver hump.
02-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Changed my answer to yellow., so that people will dismiss me as an unserious point-and-shooter. That and because I prefer the black rear panel to the silver
02-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wanted the black + silver one but it does not look like this will be made available here locally. So my 2nd choice would be the black one (not the photoshopped one)

02-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NotaxPen Quote
I agree. My vote goes to the ALL BLACK version that doesn't exist yet.

The "black" version looks goofy with the silver hump.
Locally when it went up for preorders on Henrys it showed an all black variant, but now it is black silver. they haven't listed the other 2 at all
Pentax Canada has though so I imagine it's a matter of time (and they never showed the all black - I think henry's had some preliminary photos maybe)

I'll still go with yellow but if the all black came it may tempt me (it looked good in the tiny image henrys posted)
02-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Locally when it went up for preorders on Henrys it showed an all black variant, but now it is black silver. they haven't listed the other 2 at all
Pentax Canada has though so I imagine it's a matter of time (and they never showed the all black - I think henry's had some preliminary photos maybe)

I'll still go with yellow but if the all black came it may tempt me (it looked good in the tiny image henrys posted)
My wife is quite good with her arts and craft thingy and she reckon that if one "really" wants an ALL black K-01 (and it is not available from Pentax by any means), the easiest way is to buy the official black version and DIY a bit to paint the top plate black. Among all the official version, this one requires the least mods to achieve the full black colour. She suggested to use the model paints used to paint plastic model kits. The only thing tricky is the mode dials and the shutter button I guess. Just a thought

I managed to google this image.
02-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #70
Pentaxian

I wish that the black and yellow was JUST black and yellow. Black, yellow and silver are too many tones.

I love the look of the yellow "camera leather" on all-black. It's striking, like a bumble bee, or like the American muscle-car paint scheme of yellow+black.

I am also a fan of the yellow Hasselblad (but think that Pentax's shade of yellow is even better!)
02-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #71
rjm
Forum Member

Three color schemes seem be be offered worldwide, and they differ from the poll items.

1. BlackXYellow[black body, yellow grip, silver accents] the "marc newson"
2. BlackXBlack [black body, black grip, silver accents]
3. WhiteXBlack [white body, black grip, black accents] the "panda"

while the two varients most people probably would spring for are not

4. BlackXBlackXBlack [black body, black grip, black accents] the "ninja"
5. SilverXBlack [silverbody, black grip, black or silver accents] the "classic"
02-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #72
Forum Member

The black and yellow. The white reminds me of an old Praktica (which is not necessarily a bad thing to look like). And all black means lost in the shadows for these aging eyes; I like the idea of seeing it in the bottom of the bag. Besides, IF having a designer do the camera means it gains value, I figure the black and yellow is his signature design.
02-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #73
Pentaxian

I've changed my mind. I voted early for the traditional silver and black, now I've warmed up to the yellow. Haven't ordered yet so I can change my mind...
02-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #74
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rvannatta Quote
I've changed my mind. I voted early for the traditional silver and black, now I've warmed up to the yellow. Haven't ordered yet so I can change my mind...
I ordered very early but I chickened out and ordered the traditional Black/Silver. So I'll pay probably $150 more than if I'd waited until mid0-summer and I'm committed to tradition.

Couldn't be appier unless it was already here.
02-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #75
Forum Member

Silver colour is my choice......Just to much on the mode selector.It will be better if Pentax redesign it to make it more simple.