Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #331
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
For true video I've always used (stuck?) using equipment with the 3x sensors. Unfortunately not likely to see this in a Pentax body anytime soon; although it's in some of the Sigmadesigns and it fails miserably
Maybe something like foveon sensor might do the trick just as well?

No idea if we will ever see that in a pentax camera though...

04-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #332
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Maybe something like foveon sensor might do the trick just as well?

No idea if we will ever see that in a pentax camera though...

And even though I just clearly stated that Sigma "basically fails miserably".

There's always the megapixel debate with Sigma foveon sensors. But either way; per megapixel the Sigma does kick some, but is also extremely limited; and the price makes it quite undesirable for most.

Per megapixel - especially in studio portraits - and in some other controlled portrait settings - I can't think of one single camera that can match the Merrill. Outside of that the Sigma is usually quite oversaturated.

Plus imagine if "anyone reading this" were one of the not so lucky ones to get the pre-merrill version of their latest dslr; at well over 5k. As a matter of fact it was probably the highest price non full frame ever produced.

Due to Sigma's lack of vision in digital cameras; I can see them actually wanting to sell off the camera part of the business - not too much into the future.
04-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #333
Veteran Member

Didn't read the word Sigma XD

But the dead pixel has the same effect on 3x sensor and i wonder if one FEVON is more expensive then 3 normal sensors with the optics needed to pull this off and you need to have more room for the extra sensors and optics.