Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #121
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: kobe/japan
Posts: 510
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
See, I just don't get the point of a set-up like that but then I'm officially an old fart.
The point of this is that you can put any lens on it. With thinner body it is very well possible. I understand the person who posted those photos wanted to mock NEX but the truth is if you really want something smaller K01 is also not the camera you want. For really small you have only one choice which is Q.


For me I really like K01 but in the end, NEX7 is what I might end up getting , just because I want to try lenses outside of pentax land. I have my eyes on 35mm F1.2 in m mount and there is no way I can put it on k01 , thanks to K mount.

03-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
dadipentak's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,409
QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
I want to try lenses outside of pentax land.
Gasp--heresy!

The last thing I need is new lba horizons!
03-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #123
Loyal Site Supporter
Pioneer's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Elko, Nevada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,231
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Gasp--heresy!

The last thing I need is new lba horizons!
I agree!! I can barely keep it controlled with all the Pentax gear available. I will be totally doomed if I can spread out to other brands!
03-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #124
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,430
When it gets here Monday I'll do some photos to show you how small the K-01 is in the hand and the pocket. I know the mount is limiting and I'm glad it is. I've always been proud of myself that I didn't start a Nikon F and Canon F1 addiction when I joined eBay in 1999.

Or maybe I should just be happy I'm still married.

03-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #125
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,626
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
When it gets here Monday I'll do some photos to show you how small the K-01 is in the hand and the pocket. I know the mount is limiting and I'm glad it is. I've always been proud of myself that I didn't start a Nikon F and Canon F1 addiction when I joined eBay in 1999.

Or maybe I should just be happy I'm still married.
That second part is preeeetty important
03-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #126
Site Supporter
Clinton's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,826
Original Poster
So, since lenses can protrude inside the body, does this mean we can use C mount lenses and other goodies?
03-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #127
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,430
What can Brown do for Me

It is here. It is 70 degrees and sunny outside. I have my DA40 and a charged battery in my pocket.


Aaaaaannndddddd . . . I am stuck in meeting until 7:30 this evening.

Well the box is pretty anyway.
03-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #128
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,545
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It is here. It is 70 degrees and sunny outside. I have my DA40 and a charged battery in my pocket.


Aaaaaannndddddd . . . I am stuck in meeting until 7:30 this evening.

Well the box is pretty anyway.
Oh bummer!
We're looking forward to your pictures!!!

03-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #129
Senior Member
djc737's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South jersey outside of Philly
Posts: 281
But what about dust bunnies!

QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
The point of this is that you can put any lens on it. With thinner body it is very well possible. I understand the person who posted those photos wanted to mock NEX but the truth is if you really want something smaller K01 is also not the camera you want. For really small you have only one choice which is Q.


For me I really like K01 but in the end, NEX7 is what I might end up getting , just because I want to try lenses outside of pentax land. I have my eyes on 35mm F1.2 in m mount and there is no way I can put it on k01 , thanks to K mount.
I too am enamored by the NEX-7. But, and this is a big BUT, it has a horrible dust protection/removal system. My original digital was a Canon D60. I was thrilled by the ease of use till I started to notice the dust bunnies. They were everywhere. Every PP session had a grueling 100% search of the image for dust specs. When I switched to Olympus, I never so much as a spec of dust through 4 different bodies and 1000s of lens changes. On the list of reasons to switch to Pentax was that they had a similarly successful dust removal system. They also created the body Oly should have made in the K-5.
I still wander over to the Sony NEX forum ans lust after those 24 Mpixels but then I read the horror stories of the dust collection system it appears to be. Just do not want to go back there again if I can help it.
So it is now down to the k-01, Oly EM5 or maybe the Pany GH3. The last two will need to show me APC IQ at low ISOs to stay in the running. The K-01 with an EVF would have been the hands down winner with one. My GF1 was originally purchased sans EVF and I regretted the decision from day one. Even a lousy EVF is better than none. So I too will wait before I make the move. At least we are at a stage where options abound, so I for one feel blessed. Dave
03-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #130
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,626
QuoteOriginally posted by djc737 Quote
I too am enamored by the NEX-7. But, and this is a big BUT, it has a horrible dust protection/removal system. My original digital was a Canon D60. I was thrilled by the ease of use till I started to notice the dust bunnies. They were everywhere. Every PP session had a grueling 100% search of the image for dust specs. When I switched to Olympus, I never so much as a spec of dust through 4 different bodies and 1000s of lens changes. On the list of reasons to switch to Pentax was that they had a similarly successful dust removal system. They also created the body Oly should have made in the K-5.
I still wander over to the Sony NEX forum ans lust after those 24 Mpixels but then I read the horror stories of the dust collection system it appears to be. Just do not want to go back there again if I can help it.
So it is now down to the k-01, Oly EM5 or maybe the Pany GH3. The last two will need to show me APC IQ at low ISOs to stay in the running. The K-01 with an EVF would have been the hands down winner with one. My GF1 was originally purchased sans EVF and I regretted the decision from day one. Even a lousy EVF is better than none. So I too will wait before I make the move. At least we are at a stage where options abound, so I for one feel blessed. Dave
Pretty sure the M43s with good glass will have APSC IQ at low ISOs, yes.
03-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #131
Veteran Member
rfortson's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston TX
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,129
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Pretty sure the M43s with good glass will have APSC IQ at low ISOs, yes.
Yeah, I'd agree up to about ISO640 or maybe 800, at least for my E-P1. The MFT sensors have improved since then. The new OM-D samples at DPReview reallly look nice. I'm impressed with it.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
button, camera, design, dslr, k-01, k-5, k01, mirrorless, pentax, pentax k-01, people, space, viewfinder
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I FINALLY nailed my Mamiya Sekor 55 1.4!!! Ira Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 43 03-13-2011 12:03 AM
They Nailed The Pervert!!!! magkelly General Talk 18 12-22-2010 08:56 PM
Macro Nailed clarkebd Post Your Photos! 4 05-10-2010 06:10 AM
Macro Nailed It? devs66 Photo Critique 6 11-12-2009 08:16 PM
Nailed it! SouthShoreRob Post Your Photos! 18 07-25-2008 12:59 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:37 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top