Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #121
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
See, I just don't get the point of a set-up like that but then I'm officially an old fart.
The point of this is that you can put any lens on it. With thinner body it is very well possible. I understand the person who posted those photos wanted to mock NEX but the truth is if you really want something smaller K01 is also not the camera you want. For really small you have only one choice which is Q.

For me I really like K01 but in the end, NEX7 is what I might end up getting , just because I want to try lenses outside of pentax land. I have my eyes on 35mm F1.2 in m mount and there is no way I can put it on k01 , thanks to K mount.

03-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #122
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
I want to try lenses outside of pentax land.
Gasp--heresy!

The last thing I need is new lba horizons!
03-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #123
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Gasp--heresy!

The last thing I need is new lba horizons!
I agree!! I can barely keep it controlled with all the Pentax gear available. I will be totally doomed if I can spread out to other brands!
03-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #124
Loyal Site Supporter

When it gets here Monday I'll do some photos to show you how small the K-01 is in the hand and the pocket. I know the mount is limiting and I'm glad it is. I've always been proud of myself that I didn't start a Nikon F and Canon F1 addiction when I joined eBay in 1999.

Or maybe I should just be happy I'm still married.

03-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
When it gets here Monday I'll do some photos to show you how small the K-01 is in the hand and the pocket. I know the mount is limiting and I'm glad it is. I've always been proud of myself that I didn't start a Nikon F and Canon F1 addiction when I joined eBay in 1999.

Or maybe I should just be happy I'm still married.
That second part is preeeetty important
03-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #126
Site Supporter

Original Poster
So, since lenses can protrude inside the body, does this mean we can use C mount lenses and other goodies?
03-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #127
Loyal Site Supporter

What can Brown do for Me

It is here. It is 70 degrees and sunny outside. I have my DA40 and a charged battery in my pocket.

Aaaaaannndddddd . . . I am stuck in meeting until 7:30 this evening.

Well the box is pretty anyway.
03-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #128
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It is here. It is 70 degrees and sunny outside. I have my DA40 and a charged battery in my pocket.

Aaaaaannndddddd . . . I am stuck in meeting until 7:30 this evening.

Well the box is pretty anyway.
Oh bummer!
We're looking forward to your pictures!!!

03-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #129

But what about dust bunnies!

QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
The point of this is that you can put any lens on it. With thinner body it is very well possible. I understand the person who posted those photos wanted to mock NEX but the truth is if you really want something smaller K01 is also not the camera you want. For really small you have only one choice which is Q.

For me I really like K01 but in the end, NEX7 is what I might end up getting , just because I want to try lenses outside of pentax land. I have my eyes on 35mm F1.2 in m mount and there is no way I can put it on k01 , thanks to K mount.
I too am enamored by the NEX-7. But, and this is a big BUT, it has a horrible dust protection/removal system. My original digital was a Canon D60. I was thrilled by the ease of use till I started to notice the dust bunnies. They were everywhere. Every PP session had a grueling 100% search of the image for dust specs. When I switched to Olympus, I never so much as a spec of dust through 4 different bodies and 1000s of lens changes. On the list of reasons to switch to Pentax was that they had a similarly successful dust removal system. They also created the body Oly should have made in the K-5.
I still wander over to the Sony NEX forum ans lust after those 24 Mpixels but then I read the horror stories of the dust collection system it appears to be. Just do not want to go back there again if I can help it.
So it is now down to the k-01, Oly EM5 or maybe the Pany GH3. The last two will need to show me APC IQ at low ISOs to stay in the running. The K-01 with an EVF would have been the hands down winner with one. My GF1 was originally purchased sans EVF and I regretted the decision from day one. Even a lousy EVF is better than none. So I too will wait before I make the move. At least we are at a stage where options abound, so I for one feel blessed. Dave
03-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #130
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by djc737 Quote
I too am enamored by the NEX-7. But, and this is a big BUT, it has a horrible dust protection/removal system. My original digital was a Canon D60. I was thrilled by the ease of use till I started to notice the dust bunnies. They were everywhere. Every PP session had a grueling 100% search of the image for dust specs. When I switched to Olympus, I never so much as a spec of dust through 4 different bodies and 1000s of lens changes. On the list of reasons to switch to Pentax was that they had a similarly successful dust removal system. They also created the body Oly should have made in the K-5.
I still wander over to the Sony NEX forum ans lust after those 24 Mpixels but then I read the horror stories of the dust collection system it appears to be. Just do not want to go back there again if I can help it.
So it is now down to the k-01, Oly EM5 or maybe the Pany GH3. The last two will need to show me APC IQ at low ISOs to stay in the running. The K-01 with an EVF would have been the hands down winner with one. My GF1 was originally purchased sans EVF and I regretted the decision from day one. Even a lousy EVF is better than none. So I too will wait before I make the move. At least we are at a stage where options abound, so I for one feel blessed. Dave
Pretty sure the M43s with good glass will have APSC IQ at low ISOs, yes.
03-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Pretty sure the M43s with good glass will have APSC IQ at low ISOs, yes.
Yeah, I'd agree up to about ISO640 or maybe 800, at least for my E-P1. The MFT sensors have improved since then. The new OM-D samples at DPReview reallly look nice. I'm impressed with it.