Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2012, 01:18 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
So with complaints about it looking boxy... peoples desires to remove bumps and other bulges from the camera are turning it into even more of a brick...

Excellent.
Exactly. Let it be really boxy, that would actually be cooler than boxy with bumps (in a totally alien design).

02-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #17
Forum Member

Like i said in another post, that the design of a new design-camera doesn't appeal to old farts on a forum is a very good sign! I bet the K-01 will be a hit among young people with money, purely because of the design. And a few old farts will buy it as a backup or travelcam to use with their old glass. All in all, this camera will be a huge success for Pentax.
02-03-2012, 03:02 AM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by morpho Quote
Like i said in another post, that the design of a new design-camera doesn't appeal to old farts on a forum is a very good sign! I bet the K-01 will be a hit among young people with money, purely because of the design. And a few old farts will buy it as a backup or travelcam to use with their old glass. All in all, this camera will be a huge success for Pentax.
like the success of pentax q?
the same has been said about pentax q
02-03-2012, 03:10 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Another vote for getting rid of the chimney!

Last edited by ihasa; 02-03-2012 at 03:16 AM.
02-03-2012, 03:13 AM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
Exactly. Let it be really boxy, that would actually be cooler than boxy with bumps (in a totally alien design).
The K-01 has features... it has character... in comparison, looking at the Nikon 1, the Nikon is a bar of soap... no long second-looks a bar of soap...

People might double-take when walking past the K-01's display cabinets... so it might get more ganders than something like the Nikon as a result
02-03-2012, 03:15 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I like the snorkel
02-03-2012, 05:10 AM   #22
Forum Member

In a post on another thread it was said by someone who had feigned design experience that the shape and look of the camera is a failure and poorly executed. It makes me wonder if that person has actually worked in design or even been exposed to modern industrial design. From my perspective the camera is simply a great looking piece and well thought out. The chimney adds an element of surprise to it, and without it the thing would be too plain and utilitarian. Just sayin'.
02-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I vote for keeping the chimney, but applaud the OP for his PS skills!

This thread needs to be converted to a poll.

02-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #24
Forum Member

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thought "Why does it have a chimney?", when seeing the camera for the first time. I think it looks stupid and makes the lego design even more ridiculous.