Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #16
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by liukaitc Quote
but with evf build in, this thing really not any smaller than k-5 or k-r..
Why? There's no need to make the body bigger to put in an EVF, it's big enough to accomodate one already.

Just stick the EVF in the existing "hump", extending down into the main body area as necessary, and shrink the back LCD a bit to accomodate it (there's no particular need for the LCD to be exactly the size it is on the existing K-01, a little smaller would be totally fine).

02-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Or if they could somehow make Ricoh VF-2 compatible with K-01 then we will have an optional EVF in an instant. No need to start new production line for it.
02-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by marty-0750 Quote
Some of my favourite photography is star fields at night. An LCD viewfinder can not display stars. You just get a blank grey view! So I can not compose star-scapes that might include key features such as the Milky Way comets, satellites, meteors etc. With the K-01 LCD-only view finder you are shooting blind just as with low end p&s cameras! Thank goodness I have my K-x with optical pentamirror viewing!
If you are looking for a camera for astrophotography, might I suggest the K-5 or K-r or wait for either of their successors. The K-01 is not the camera for what you want.