Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-01

Ugly and plasticky looking. No Viewfinder No Buy.
I think Pentax will go the Kodak way at this rate. How do you expect one to use a 300 or 400 mm lens and keep the thing steady with an LCD.

02-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nanhi Quote
Ugly and plasticky looking. No Viewfinder No Buy.
I think Pentax will go the Kodak way at this rate. How do you expect one to use a 300 or 400 mm lens and keep the thing steady with an LCD.
Just don't use the 300 and 400mm on it, period. Don't try to find a pefect camera as you will always be disapointed, each model has its own pros and cons and buy the one that suits your needs.

Whatever doesn't work for you could work very well for others.

I would wait at least for some reviews before making comments.
02-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I personally think that the K-01 is aimed for the small awesome pentax primes. And also it is said that they made new lenses(primes) for this baby, thus I believe that the intended use for this is to have a very small and unnoticeable setup. And also it's smart that they incorporated the use of K-mount making this an awesome second body that you can lug around all day.
02-02-2012, 11:48 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kaiserz Quote
I personally think that the K-01 is aimed for the small awesome pentax primes. And also it is said that they made new lenses(primes) for this baby, thus I believe that the intended use for this is to have a very small and unnoticeable setup. And also it's smart that they incorporated the use of K-mount making this an awesome second body that you can lug around all day.
Kaiserz Sir, it is not as small as you think. Look at the comparative size - Pentax Forum links refer - side by side pictures with the K-5 etc. Why have a K-mount and then say it should be used be used with primes and other "toy" lenses???
Please do look at the other mirror- less products from Fuji, Olympus, Panasonic, Sony, and others, even the Pentax Q itself.
Time will tell.

02-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
Site Supporter

It's priced slightly above point and shoots, but with the image quality of the K-5. With the new generation of shooters used to the LCD of their iPhone and small point and shoots, this would be the logical step up for them if a full DSLR is not what they want or if they want to be different and "trendy" with the mirrorless option. For long time DSLR users, the lack of a viewfinder makes it not a DSLR replacement. Just because its not what you would buy doesn't make it a failure, and no where close to marking the demise of Pentax.