Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Does white = silver?

So if one wanted the silver and black body, would you order the white one at Adorama or B&H? There's no silver listed.

02-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like its white not silver to me.

Last edited by Docrwm; 05-06-2013 at 08:11 PM.
02-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The specs mention a silver and black one. Not to mention, Pentax always does silver at first.
02-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Amazon has the one I put the pic up listed as White. The three choices are "Black", "White", and "Yellow" on their site.
Amazon.com: Pentax K-01 16MP APS-C CMOS Compact System Camera Kit with DA 40mm Lens (Black): Camera & Photo

02-02-2012, 07:26 PM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

According to the spec sheet, it is "silver and black". However, retailers are stating that it's white. Perhaps the silver and black version is not coming out in the US? In any case, I will check and get an official answer about this.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
According to the spec sheet, it is "silver and black". However, retailers are stating that it's white. Perhaps the silver and black version is not coming out in the US? In any case, I will check and get an official answer about this.
While you're at it please tell them about the early enthusiasm for an all-black K-01. And why it wasn't thought of from the beginning (request from the designer?)

My theory? It could confuse the market for the upcoming GXR-K...
02-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Someone at the other forum also mentioned USA is getting white/black and europe silver/black. I think Silver/Black looks the best, but I am not buying one anyways. But, this if true makes no sense, why limit it.

02-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
My theory? It could confuse the market for the upcoming GXR-K...
Lol. I will be speaking to Pentax next week and I'll mention that, in addition to the great poll results we've got so far!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #9
ogl
Banned

NO. European verison is black/siver. USA - black/white.
02-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Black-White is lame. Black and Silver is the best looking version so far (although I like the all black mockup done here best).
02-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yeah my wife would want the silver/black version. The white isn't going to cut it. Thanks for talking to Pentax, Adam!
02-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Again could be the Prima Donna of Pentax USA who said they want the Black & White because of Star War or to match their surf board. If that the case , they are more .... than I think
02-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Confirmed: in the US, the camera will be white and black. Elsewhere, silver and black.

Adam

02-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Now I want a all black version. Maybe with the yellow. The current yellow version has the silver/white top that I don't like.
02-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ugh, if they have that level of control... they need to go all black as body #4.