Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
02-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Its a camera not a fashion accesory.
Look at it as a tool that can get the job done.
Then why did they pay a famous designer to think hard of its looks? (They didn't pay him pennies, I suppose.)

02-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #47
Veteran Member

not ugly*

*if they made it this way:
Attached Images

02-02-2012, 06:58 PM - 3 Likes   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
Then why did they pay a famous designer to think hard of its looks? (They didn't pay him pennies, I suppose.)
I hope they did not pay him much more than a few pennies. Looks like a reject from Fisher-Price's R&D department.
02-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
The A-10 is ugly and effective. The AV-8 is just... ugly. Maybe the K-01 turns out to be like the A-10.
Ok, I'll grant you the A-10 is effective (I've seen it turn a main battle tank into a molten lump) but the implication that the AV-8B isn't is just plain lunacy

02-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #50

QuoteOriginally posted by winder Quote
i hope they did not pay him much more than a few pennies. Looks like a reject from fisher-price's r&d department.
lmao!
02-02-2012, 07:08 PM - 1 Like   #51

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
You can't seriously believe that there is any way to justify how ugly this camera is?
How about you post a photo of yourself so that we can tell you how ugly you are?

I don't understand all of this nonsense in regard to people being so outspoken about the camera's aesthetics. It's a camera for crying out loud! I personally find it a rather welcoming departure from the typical DSLR seeing as it is essentially a market flooded with identical twins.
02-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Ok, is that really a screw in lens cap on there!?!

02-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #53
Veteran Member

People are bashing a camera , and not one of us has seen a single image taken with it.... it has an ( supposedly ) improved K-5 sensor, maybe the images will be so good that no one will care what it looks like on the outside...
02-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #54

I like it, particularly in the black/silver scheme. If it handles the old SMC-M lenses in the same way that the K-5 does, I might have to get one. Perfect size for travel, alongside my MX... When the price (inevitably) goes down a bit, we'll see!
02-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #55
Veteran Member

What a ridiculous thread. If people are all pent up about how it looks has nothing to do with what the K-01 represents. Seriously as others have stated it is a camera. It does not look much different than any other camera past or present. What the K-01 is is a large sensor mirrorless camera that can handle any Pentax lens past and present without an adaptor. If you don't get that and your panties are all in a bunch about how it looks then move on. It is that simple.
02-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #56
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
What a ridiculous thread. If people are all pent up about how it looks has nothing to do with what the K-01 represents. Seriously as others have stated it is a camera. It does not look much different than any other camera past or present. What the K-01 is is a large sensor mirrorless camera that can handle any Pentax lens past and present without an adaptor. If you don't get that and your panties are all in a bunch about how it looks then move on. It is that simple.
Does RioRico know about you? I'm terrified now.
02-03-2012, 01:26 AM - 1 Like   #57
Forum Member

I think this camera looks great. Just bought a K-5, so i'm not interested in this, but i'm sure a whole lot of other people are. I think it will fit young people coming from cellphone cameras and P&S perfectly. They have never even seen a viewfinder, don't know what it is, don't need it. AND they appreciate good design. All luxury products (and a camera is, if using it isn't your full time job) needs a good design to sell, and this one has it. The fact that it doesn't appeal to old farts on a forum is good for Pentax' potential sales if you ask me Besides, it looks like half of you posting about how bad it looks and how bad it performs is more willing to pay more for another brand or system, so...well, why don't you? I don't get it
02-03-2012, 05:38 AM   #58
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
What the K-01 is is a large sensor mirrorless camera that can handle any Pentax lens past and present without an adaptor. If you don't get that and your panties are all in a bunch about how it looks then move on. It is that simple.
+1 How a camera looks is WAY down on my list of priorities. The GoPro video camera looks like the cheapest digital camera ever made...yet it's taking the world by storm because of what it can do.
02-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #59
Veteran Member

I've just come to accept that I'm too old to appreciate the yellow version. My kids both wear high-top shoes with crazy designs and neon colors on them that I wouldn't be caught dead in. I don't mind the "chimney" that everyone seems to complain about but every time I look at the grip I get a craving for Hostess Zingers!
02-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #60
Veteran Member

One positive note about design. People all oIver are talking about Pentax in a big way. Now that Pentax has everyone's attention, people might actually pay attention to it's IQ when some shots are released.