Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #46
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by adelorenzo Quote
I don't understand this thread.... There is an all black version available, no?

PENTAX K-01 BLACK W/40MM F2.8 XS LENS 15242
hmmm maybe they are on this forum? pentax seems to have only realesed a silver with black top and black with silver top, and the yellow one. no other colors, and not one that is black with black top. so this one is weird since i havnt seen a official pic like this, so this is strange

02-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Maybe there is such a beast...an all black beauty...
02-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

Well, now that's interesting. It's the same image as in the original post, which I think everyone assumed was just a mock-up.

Where did that original image come from? Is Henry's using the wrong image or is it real? The official black one as far as the pdf sheet goes is with the silver/aluminium top bits.
02-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Original Poster

That's strange. The all-black shot I put up was certainly a mock-up, the original is here: http://www.luncheonticket.com.ar/files/k01_black.jpg

If you look closely around the on/off switch you'll see the slight silver outline of the official "black" version with silver accents. I think this is merely a mistake on Henry's part, googling "Black K-01" and finding this.

Apparently Pentax is releasing different color combos per region, ie. White/Black vs. Silver/Black. The K-01 hasn't been announced in Japan yet, so maybe we have more colors to look forward to next week, hopefully including this one.

02-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
If you look closely around the on/off switch you'll see the slight silver outline of the official "black" version with silver accents.
Yep, the reflection of the 'black' on/off dial is also silver. Henry's going to have a bit of splainin' to do to anyone ordering that one now.
02-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #51

Weird! I guess we'll have to see... Maybe Henry's spilled the beans or else they got the wrong photo somehow.

Doesn't matter, I want the yellow one.
02-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #52
Veteran Member

If all else fails, perhaps pentaxforums can commission Kai from digitalrev.com to,paint the camera for us :-)

02-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
If all else fails, perhaps pentaxforums can commission Kai from digitalrev.com to,paint the camera for us :-)
How to paint a Leica M9 Pinkenta - YouTube
Haha, no thanks.

Weird! I guess we'll have to see... Maybe Henry's spilled the beans or else they got the wrong photo somehow. Doesn't matter, I want the yellow one.
That is odd. I really don't know why Pentax would bother withholding it considering the camera won't even be available for at least a month.

QuoteOriginally posted by anthony mazzeri Quote
Yep, the reflection of the 'black' on/off dial is also silver. Henry's going to have a bit of splainin' to do to anyone ordering that one now.
Yeah... Not sure what they could be thinking with that. Should we send the store link to Pentax USA and see what happens? My guess is the picture will magically change to black+silver top.
02-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #54
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
Yeah... Not sure what they could be thinking with that. Should we send the store link to Pentax USA and see what happens? My guess is the picture will magically change to black+silver top.
well they sell the other three, this is the fourth color option
02-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #55
Veteran Member

As bizarre as it would be, it looks like Henry's took the photo that started this thread, and used it.

Seriously. Can you tell me which is which?

I reduced the size of OP's pic and put it side by side with the one from Henry's.

Last edited by Philoslothical; 02-06-2012 at 05:36 PM.
02-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
As bizarre as it would be, it looks like Henry's took the photo that started this thread, and used it.

I reduced the size of OP's pic and put it side by side with the one from Henry's.
the one on the left looks better.
02-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They could also save the all-black for one with an EVF, full controls, and all the exposure modes we've gotten used to?

As much as some seem to leap on the 'toy' meme, though, offering basic black is non-optional, I should think.
02-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Nice catch

Henry's really reused the image from this thread, accidentically believing the black w 40mm looks like that.

FYI

The webpage at Henry's contains a second, larger but hidden image which appears if you click the thumb. I fetched the larger one and the one from the OP in this thread: Both are bit-identical (61688 bytes). So, no reason to guess if it is a copy. It is.
02-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #59
Veteran Member

I'm surprised it's still up. I'll shoot them an email when I have a bit of time later, this could be seen as really deceptive on their part. I assume it's just a dumb mistake (but not sure how it could happen accidentally).

Edit: They fixed it. They didn't acknowledge my email, but that's OK.

Last edited by Philoslothical; 02-09-2012 at 05:39 PM.
02-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #60
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm surprised it's still up. I'll shoot them an email when I have a bit of time later, this could be seen as really deceptive on their part. I assume it's just a dumb mistake (but not sure how it could happen accidentally).

Edit: They fixed it. They didn't acknowledge my email, but that's OK.
wish it wasn't an error on their part, and they really were selling an all-black version there. Canada isn't too far from NY...