Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
02-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The camera looks a lot better full-on from the front than it does once you get a look at the top surface. In fact I wrote no complaint about its design when that's all I had to look at. Also, the size of the camera (too big) is not obvious when there is no scale.

Besides all that I think the yellow is indeed the best colour for it.

02-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Damn... that photo with the yellow K-01 is... sexy? what is this? i thought it looks ugly just a day ago and now it is... appealing?
02-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
(too big)
Frankly, I do not understand this criticism.
02-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #19
Unregistered User

Why is the is the top part of the camera body - i.e. the logo part, the dial, and the shutter button - in a different colour from the rest? This is sheer philistinism. With a more traditional design and a viewfinder, this w o u l d have been an excellent camera. Owing to these two deficiencies, I shall not be buying the K-01.

02-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Facebook analytics are VERY good... I'm curious what the cost to click through on the ad was though (maybe PM?)
For Pentax the CPC is usually pretty high since the target audience is tiny, but it's fallen to around 20 cents with this ad...might be because of the burst in traffic.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eagle_Friends Quote
Damn... that photo with the yellow K-01 is... sexy? what is this? i thought it looks ugly just a day ago and now it is... appealing?
Exactly my feelings seeing that photo.

It must be the lighting. Yeah. That's it.
02-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Boy - the tone of this thread sure is different than the 40 or so just 24 hours ago! I could hang out here.

I think this camera is going to sneak up on us and be a great success. I plan to get it in Yellow (unless they come out with all black by late May) for the video, but I haven't decided yet on the xs lens. I wonder how it will work with FA35? I guess I could always get the real DA40.

02-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #23
Banned

The yellow K-01 is the one to get !

02-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I prefer the black, but last night I showed the Mrs the K-01 and the colurs it comes, she said she liked the yellow one the best.
I asked why? And her answer was that "its different".
02-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #25
Veteran Member

it's kinda growing on me. any chance that they make it all metallic silver? or even a silver/black combination?
02-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #26
Forum Member

Is it just me, or do the pictures of the camera in Jogiba's post (great post by the way!) look extremely well taken?

There is virtually no "lensing" of the proportions of the camera. They look completely isometric - as they would look if taken straight out of auto cad.
Must this be done with an extreme telephoto from across the room into a light box?

Maybe some removal of pincushion or barrel - but that doesn't explain the fact that I don't see any off-axis surface surfaces. (maybe that doesn't make any sense... but the proportions look much better than I think I could replicate even with lenses I've never played with... (and that probably speaks to the relative paucity of super tele lenses rather than my intention to play with them )).
02-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by spade111 Quote
Is it just me, or do the pictures of the camera in Jogiba's post (great post by the way!) look extremely well taken?

There is virtually no "lensing" of the proportions of the camera. They look completely isometric - as they would look if taken straight out of auto cad.
Must this be done with an extreme telephoto from across the room into a light box?

Maybe some removal of pincushion or barrel - but that doesn't explain the fact that I don't see any off-axis surface surfaces. (maybe that doesn't make any sense... but the proportions look much better than I think I could replicate even with lenses I've never played with... (and that probably speaks to the relative paucity of super tele lenses rather than my intention to play with them )).
I've occasionally wondered if Pentax uses their own equipment to take product photos. Wouldn't it be funny if they didn't?
02-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When is the K-01V (with viewfinder) coming out? I like the camera otherwise.
02-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
So we do a little bit of advertising on Facebook to get the word out about PF. We have an ad with the PF logo and DSLR pictures, and yesterday, because of the launch of the K-01, I put up an ad with a picture of the yellow K-01.

Normally it's very, very difficult to catch people's attention, but this ad's performance went through the roof! I think this means that to the general consumer public, this camera is actually attractive! You just don't see this sort of buzz with other Pentax cameras, even the K-5 when it was launched.
It grows on you. I like this camera. Excellent choice to keep the mount and leave open a full frame possibility.
02-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxus Quote
When is the K-01V (with viewfinder) coming out? I like the camera otherwise.
Honest question: Is it not possible that Pentax will release a hot shoe mount viewfinder sometime after the launch of the K-01? Is there something I'm missing about this particular technology that will prevent that?