Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
02-03-2012, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Like it or not, the K-01 is appealing!

So we do a little bit of advertising on Facebook to get the word out about PF. We have an ad with the PF logo and DSLR pictures, and yesterday, because of the launch of the K-01, I put up an ad with a picture of the yellow K-01.

Normally it's very, very difficult to catch people's attention, but this ad's performance went through the roof! I think this means that to the general consumer public, this camera is actually attractive! You just don't see this sort of buzz with other Pentax cameras, even the K-5 when it was launched.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-03-2012, 04:46 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Start painting them all yellow for the ads, no matter what they really look like...
02-03-2012, 05:00 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
So we do a little bit of advertising on Facebook to get the word out about PF. We have an ad with the PF logo and DSLR pictures, and yesterday, because of the launch of the K-01, I put up an ad with a picture of the yellow K-01.

Normally it's very, very difficult to catch people's attention, but this ad's performance went through the roof! I think this means that to the general consumer public, this camera is actually attractive! You just don't see this sort of buzz with other Pentax cameras, even the K-5 when it was launched.

I don't know when, but I think it's pretty much a forgone conclusion I'll have a yellow one at some point. It's just too distinctive.

I don't know how, but the above image just stimulates the receptors of my brain for this memory:

02-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Good news. Does the software allow an analysis by country of origin?

02-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Good news. Does the software allow an analysis by country of origin?
Facebook analytics are VERY good... I'm curious what the cost to click through on the ad was though (maybe PM?)
02-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wasn't quite sure of it when I first saw it, but I quite like it now. I too would probably go for the yellow one...or wait for the limited edition to come out...
02-03-2012, 05:29 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

I like the white one. It looks like a very useful camera. The design is controversal, but probably very functional.

02-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I like the Volvo design of this camera.
02-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I liked the look of this camera the first time I saw it. Despite its relatively small size, it gives the impression of being beefy and substantial. That appeals to many people. Can we expect the color choices to expand?

Rob

Last edited by robgo2; 02-04-2012 at 04:08 PM.
02-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Bo Pilgrim would never go for it...remember him? He's the Chicken King that had the commercial where he said "I'll never sell a fat yellow chicken". He is also the one that gave out $$$$10,000 checks on the floor of the Texas Senate to get some bills passed for his chicken farms.

If Pentax will give me a $10,000 check, I'll a take all they can make!

Regards!
02-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #11
Banned

During the countdown period for the K-01 I was not interested but after I seen the specs, price, photos etc I pre-ordered the yellow body. For anyone who shoots video with the K-7 this is a must have companion.
02-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
Veteran Member

It's pretty hard to miss. People probably got blinded and clicked it by accident.
02-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have said from the first moment I like the yellow - I'll get it by june 1st buy not pre-order.
02-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robgo2 Quote
I liked the look of this camera from the first time I saw it. Despite its relatively small size, it gives the impression of being beefy and substantial. That appeals to many people. Can we expect the color choices to expand?

Rob
Seems to me that Pentax has many options in that regard and a track record of expanding the colors available if there is enough interest in the camera to begin with....

02-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #15
Forum Member

I might buy one. They grow on you!