Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #271
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well I'll be one of the first in the USA to know!!

02-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #272
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I say about SYSTEM - camera + lens...GH2 - maybe good camera...But I can't use FA43 with this camera...for example.
There are some very nice prime lenses for M43 now - 12/2, 14/2.5, 20/1.7, 25/1.4, 45/1.8, and more on the way. Optically they are very good and they are fast too. Maybe not as good as some of the Pentax Limiteds, but surprisingly fine.
02-14-2012, 09:09 PM - 1 Like   #273
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
There are some very nice prime lenses for M43 now - 12/2, 14/2.5, 20/1.7, 25/1.4, 45/1.8, and more on the way. Optically they are very good and they are fast too. Maybe not as good as some of the Pentax Limiteds, but surprisingly fine.
great lenses so to speak. but before that, they still need to improve the M4/3 sensor inorder for these lenses to perform at their optimal capability.
02-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #274
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
great lenses so to speak. but before that, they still need to improve the M4/3 sensor inorder for these lenses to perform at their optimal capability.
Nonsense.

02-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #275
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Yakim Quote
I just hate holding a camera like holding a baby with a dirty diaper.
Never realized this before but now that you mention it, the similarities between the two postures are quite obvious. I think I'll laugh next time I see someone using a compact camera. Nevertheless, you can argue that to use a viewfinder, you have to bring the thing to your nose.
02-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #276
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
Mods could we maybe have just one thread for all the bitching moaning and trash talking. I'm about ready to 'splode.
Don't even have to go to sleep to dream, do ya? :

QuoteOriginally posted by koguma Quote
Seriously, with the price being nearly identical to the K-5, why would anyone want this over a K-5?
Seriously, why can't everyone figure out that it isn't intended to be a replacement (or substitute) for the K-5?
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Improved video? (Full manual control, one-button record, improved frame rate support)
Smaller size? (K-5 won't fit in my messenger bag comfortably due to the pentaprism. K-01 should slide right in)
Cheaper? (K-01 is $749 body only, K-5 even with discounts is typically $1100)
Faster? (Early reports suggest the new image processor is faster)
Improved CDAF? (more usable than K-5's zoom to focus CDAF)
Better MF? (Focus peaking makes manual focus much easier)
Simpler? Friends and family will feel less intimidated when asked to take photos
John, that's a pretty good list, but you left off one really good reason that someone may buy the K-01 instead of a K-5. It just might be that they want it. That's the most important feature for me, anyway.

Last edited by Parallax; 02-15-2012 at 02:25 PM.
02-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #277
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Don't even have to go to sleep to dream, do ya?:
Jim, that is not the first time you've made my day. At least I'm reasonable quiet about it.

But it sure does get tedious reading the same basically empty knee jerk reactions over and over and over, often from the same poster.
02-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #278
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Be happy for what you get or get what lets you be happy.
Spot on! It seems that simple to me.

02-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #279
Site Supporter

Merci ...

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Some asked if the 40 XS lens can work on K5. Just want to let you know that the lens works on K5 as well as on K01 (K01+40 XS):
Bonjour,

Thanks for the info!

Alors ša ... c'est une bonne nouvelle! J Frog
02-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #280
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
Nonsense.
well, that is just your opinion, bud. :ugh:
02-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #281
Veteran Member

Just wondering if anybody that had this camera to play with tried plugging in the hdmi cable to a monitor of any sort? If so, was there any way to view the image coming off the camera directly? And, if that's true, was there any way to turn off any of the data overlays, so only the image coming of the camera was visible?
02-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #282
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by virgilr Quote
Just wondering if anybody that had this camera to play with tried plugging in the hdmi cable to a monitor of any sort? If so, was there any way to view the image coming off the camera directly? And, if that's true, was there any way to turn off any of the data overlays, so only the image coming of the camera was visible?
You're hoping for a clean output?
Don't forget to also ask for the resolution then.
02-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #283
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Samuel H Quote
k-5 lacks manual controls when shooting video - from there on, anything else doesn't matter: for serious video, it's not a contender (for stills, would you buy a DSLR that didn't have A,S,M modes?)
Can we not do something to maybe push this.
Some members here are doing something far more ambitious like pushing FF camera so it shouldn't be that hard to push for a bit more Manual control right?
=]
02-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #284
Veteran Member

Well, I would hope it would be at a minimum 720p- I'd even take that! And of course no brightness/contrast modification as if it were displaying to the back panel LCD.
02-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #285
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bluestringer Quote
May as well throw in my 2 cents on the K-01. It looks ok, although I like the old style looks myself. My problem is no viewfinder. I don't think it's been mentioned, but I think this will be a problem for eyeglass wearers like me. I wear bifocals, and there is no way I can use a LCD screen for focus and composition, too much strain on my neck to hold my head up to see the screen. I also wear prescription sunglasses that are not bifocal, only distance lens. I wear these outside, so to use the K-01 outside I would constantly have to remove my sunglasses and put on my bifocals. This camera is not for us old folks with bad eyesight.
You know, that's one of the reasons I like the LCD. I've recently started wearing glasses (bi-focals), and while I could adjust the diopter to shoot my K5, I had to put my glasses back on the chimp the shot or change something in the menu. I could press the viewfinder against my glasses and get a cropped view through the viewfinder (and smudged glasses). With the LCD, I leave my glasses on and I can see everything with no smudges or swapping glasses. I bought a pair of prescription sunglasses so I can shoot in the bright sun. One problem with the sunglasses - I got them polarized, which doesn't work on the LCD in portrait mode. D'oh!