Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #286
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
That was what I thought, though he worded it wrongly.
But then that means any camera before K7 (which introduced TAv mode), he wouldn't care/want to use
No, K10 and K20 had TAv.

02-22-2012, 08:57 AM - 2 Likes   #287

Is it humanly possible to have a single thread on this camera without somebody saying "it should have a viewfinder?" My God it is getting annoying. WE GET IT ALREADY!
02-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #288
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chiane Quote
Is it humanly possible to have a single thread on this camera without somebody saying "it should have a viewfinder?" My God it is getting annoying. WE GET IT ALREADY!
It doesn't have a viewfinder?
02-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #289
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Je ne comprends rien ...

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
It doesn't have a viewfinder?
Bonjour,

What is a viewfinder?

Allez ... on peut rigoler un peu ... J Frog

02-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #290

First of all, thanks for all the insight of this new camera, i am still deciding if i get one as backup for my K7 and a body for my wife to use (as well as occasional digiscoping - no miror slap = less vibrations).

Since you have this camera at hand i would like to address a question concerning the 6FPS continuos shooting mode. I was reading this article: Modes - Pentax K-01 First Impressions Review

and found the following statement:

"Drive/Burst Mode
The K-01 is quite speedy, with the ability to capture at up to six frames per second (JPEG only) in continuous hi mode... "

Is that true?, no RAW image capture at 6FPS? i nearly never take JPGs anymore....

I know the camera at hand has firmware 0.33 but could you check that for me? Thanks!!
02-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #291
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mgbirder Quote
First of all, thanks for all the insight of this new camera, i am still deciding if i get one as backup for my K7 and a body for my wife to use (as well as occasional digiscoping - no miror slap = less vibrations).

Since you have this camera at hand i would like to address a question concerning the 6FPS continuos shooting mode. I was reading this article: Modes - Pentax K-01 First Impressions Review

and found the following statement:

"Drive/Burst Mode
The K-01 is quite speedy, with the ability to capture at up to six frames per second (JPEG only) in continuous hi mode... "

Is that true?, no RAW image capture at 6FPS? i nearly never take JPGs anymore....

I know the camera at hand has firmware 0.33 but could you check that for me? Thanks!!
As I said above, the continuous shooting mode isn't as speedy as Pentax claimed because this is just a prototype. We'll have the actual camera by next week, I sure can test out again when I have my hands on one
02-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #292

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
As I said above, the continuous shooting mode isn't as speedy as Pentax claimed because this is just a prototype. We'll have the actual camera by next week, I sure can test out again when I have my hands on one
Thanks for the quick answer, im not concerned about the speed itself, but the fact that it seems not to shoot RAW but only JPEG at the stated Framerate, please let me know if that is true when you get the camera, Thanks!
02-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #293
ogl
Banned

I've sent the letter to technical support of Pentax and got the answer

Thank you for contacting Pentax.

PENTAX Japan has not provided a specification for the buffer size in the new K-01 camera. The only specfication we have related to this is the continuous shooting mode specification for jpegs.

Continuous FPS: Approx 6 FPS (JPG, Continuous Hi), Approx 3 FPS (JPG, Continuous Lo)

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Randall S.
Pentax Imaging Technical Support

It means - we don't know and we have no any specs for DNG. It could be 6 fps or less. No info.

02-23-2012, 07:32 AM   #294

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote

PENTAX Japan has not provided a specification for the buffer size in the new K-01 camera. The only specfication we have related to this is the continuous shooting mode specification for jpegs.

Continuous FPS: Approx 6 FPS (JPG, Continuous Hi), Approx 3 FPS (JPG, Continuous Lo)

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Randall S.

It means - we don't know and we have no any specs for DNG. It could be 6 fps or less. No info.
Thanks for the inquery, i will just have to wait a bit longer
02-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #295
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote

Sincerely,
Randall S.

QuoteOriginally posted by mgbirder Quote
Thanks for the inquery, i will just have to wait a bit longer
Well, look at the bright side. At least Pentax Japan, unlike Pentax USA, acknowledges that the K-01 exists.
02-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #296
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
At least Pentax Japan, unlike Pentax USA, acknowledges that the K-01 exists.
Perhaps if enough USA folks complain to Japan about the poor conditions...
02-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #297

Maybe as simple as linking the Pentax USA page to the Pentax UK!

Home - PENTAX Photo
12-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #298
Site Supporter

I have a K-5, and have been looking at the K-5 IIs, but when the K-01 dropped so much in price, I bought it as my Xmas-birthday present to myself. Have been playing with it a couple of days. Love it! Have used it with my two primes, Pentax DA 40mm F2.8 limited, and Pentax FA 50mm F1.4, haven't used either of my two zooms yet as I'm having too much fun with it as is. Will be going on a night shoot on Tuesday and will report back. The bottom line is I love it. It's the perfect size for my small hands, not heavy, and it's making me look at the world differently, not just from eye level. It was easy to set up thanks to Adam's very good suggestions. Thank you, Adam,
12-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #299

Sounds awesome. I have a similar story, I actually ordered the K30 and the K-01 dropped in price that day, so I canceled my K30 order on amazon and grabbed the K01 kit from Adorama. Still waiting to receive it since I'm getting it through my dad as prices have not dropped where I'm currently residing.

Kudos to having tons of fun with yours, it should be a welcome upgrade to my K2000 then.
12-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #300
Loyal Site Supporter

the white K-01 with DA40XS coming my way,
I have the Q , I hope I will like K-01
kind regards
jack