Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-01 now in stock and available for purchase

The K-01 black body only and yellow kit is now in stock at B&H, and all colors are available at Adorama! Remember, you will be able to obtain free access to our Marketplace to sell any old gear should you buy it.

View the instructions here

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-05-2012, 05:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sell any of my Pentax gear......No Way.

My K-01 is on order and will take its place along side my K5 as my every day walk around body.
02-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #3

Hi,
i ordered mine and i will use it with my old and trusty K20D
02-14-2012, 04:49 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have pre-ordered one today (through Adorama though, not B&H). I look forward to something smaller and faster than my current 2nd body and having the option of shooting quality video.
I will then bequeath my K10D to my daughter.

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 02-14-2012 at 04:55 AM.
02-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
K-01 on order

Just ordered mine. Great way to supplement workhorse K20D with 1)HD video 2)K-5 ISO range 3) a mount that will accept all my lenses 4) all that room inside for an extreme wide angle 5) peak focusing for manual lenses. Might not be right for everybody, but it sure works for me.
02-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

have a K5

And I see little reason to order a K-01 even if it had an EVF.

What really matters is will the K-01 attract new users to Pentax. I would also like to see a very Compact zoom to make the camera look small.
02-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
A compact XS zoom would definitely be welcome. Maybe that's why there's a limited zoom on the roadmap? That would be definition be small, hehe.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
Inactive Account

K-01 or Q - no thanks.
I'd rather spend the money on a limited lens.

Waiting for a full frame DSLR.
03-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The K-01 is now in stock (black body only and yellow kit):

pentax k-01

Adam

03-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just got news mine has shipped from Adorama. I'll be able to give it a good work out in Argentina :-)
03-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It arrived yesterday. First impressions are positive. It looks and feels good, and the focus peaking is excellent.

AF is slower than I'm used to with my DSLR's, but it varies dramatically from lens to lens; it was quite acceptable with my DA ltd 40 and the SDM lenses, slow with my DA 10-17, but agonising with the DA 55-300. For the latter I will have to stick with manual focussing; luckily that's really easy with the K-01 :-)
03-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #12
Banned

Photos: Albums
Just for a bit of a clarification on a possible error that could have easily been overlooked; as I've also made errors in the content of my postings as well.

It does state ALL colors available at Adorama, but... Unfortunately it is to my understanding (the last time I checked) that only three colors will be available throughout the general North American market, but... There is in fact a fourth color out there, but only in the European market. Unless Adorama has some type of secret access to that market?
03-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #13
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The K-01 black body only and yellow kit is now in stock at B&H, and all colors are available at Adorama! Remember, you will be able to obtain free access to our Marketplace to sell any old gear should you buy it.

View the instructions here
Interesting. 4 colours...not 3.
03-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The silver (far left) one is only available in Europe.

Adam

03-21-2012, 02:21 AM   #15

In case anyone is wondering: the release in Australia seems to be delayed until 6. April...

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these (or just pull the trigger on a K5 purchase instead?!)