Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #241
Veteran Member

There is something fascinating about this camera -- look at all the passion that it is provoking. Ever the optimist, I'm going to say that that bodes well for it.

03-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #242
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DavidOBryan Quote
I believe this is the intent of this thread as stated by the person who started it. If you don't want to follow this intent why don't you start your own thread?
Have you even followed the thread so far, or do you just like to latch on the last few posts and "contribute"? How exactly are the opinions that I posted any different than the first reply made to this thread by Adam:

As for your suggestion, if you want to rule on which comments are appropriate and which are not, why don't you start your own forum?
03-04-2012, 07:13 AM   #243
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
Have you even followed the thread so far, or do you just like to latch on the last few posts and "contribute"? How exactly are the opinions that I posted any different than the first reply made to this thread by Adam:

As for your suggestion, if you want to rule on which comments are appropriate and which are not, why don't you start your own forum?
Silly me, I came into the thread a few pages in as well and didn't see that Miserere (who isn't really outside the bubble) had said most of the same things said by other critics in the article Adam had linked.

Last edited by GeneV; 03-04-2012 at 02:56 PM.
03-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #244
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Use the Ignore feature. I did (but it doesn't work for Quotes).
It doesn't work for moderators, either. BWHAAAAAAAA

03-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #245
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Silly me, I came into the thread a few pages in as well and didn't see that Misere (who isn't really outside the bubble) had said most of the same things said by other critics in the article Adam had linked.
Yes. Once here and once on Photo.net and on his blog - and he suggests that the camera might be right for other people with other needs.

I guess in about three weeks I'll either be delighted or disappointed. But no matter what the reviewers say, a very vocal few will post, "Told 'ya so."
03-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #246
Site Supporter

Yes. Once here and once on Photo.net and on his blog - and he suggests that the camera might be right for other people with other needs.

I guess in about three weeks I'll either be delighted or disappointed. But no matter what the reviewers say, a very vocal few will post, "Told 'ya so."
You could also feel something in between about the camera. I suppose it depends upon your expectations.
03-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #247
Veteran Member

Silly me, I came into the thread a few pages in as well and didn't see that Misere (who isn't really outside the bubble) had said most of the same things said by other critics in the article Adam had linked.
The irony of that post is sweet given the last comments about sticking on topic. It's Miserere, btw, not Misere

I'm pretty sure that anyone that orders the K-01 will be happy with it. If you like the look, the features, and the idea, you'll like the product too. Any small details you find when you receive the product, you'll get over them with continuous use. I'm not sure why negative commentary makes people so nervous about their buying decisions. I've been very happy with the K-7 when all K20D users were bashing it as not a worthy upgrade and 1 stop inferior to the K20D.
03-04-2012, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #248
Lens Buying Addict

You could also feel something in between about the camera. I suppose it depends upon your expectations.
The in between is what I feel now. Although it is completely imaginary, I feel a sense of friendship (or perhaps kinship) with many people on this Forum, and respect for your opinions. My point about Miserere is that he stated his opinion, once, and that has been pretty much it, unlike others here.

When I saw and read about the K-01 I knew, immediately, it is right for my needs right now. I am quite confident I will be happy using the camera and actually more inclined to take it with me "just in case" than I am a dSLR. I am quite confident the technical quality of my files will be excellent and that with more practice my photographs will improve.

My ambivalence is that. for the very first time as a member, my considered and instinctive opinion differs from so many respected members' - and then there is the depressingly virulent and repeatedly negative response from the small number of members. It is as if these responders don't want me to be successful and happy with my K-01. PF starts to feel like a Canon Forum on dpreview - and I hate to go there.

I conclude that I no longer care nor will I consider or respect what they think about it. I will accept the K-01 for what it is and like it for what it is, or I won't - and that will by my decision.

[rant-off]

Last edited by monochrome; 03-04-2012 at 04:27 PM.
03-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #249
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
The irony of that post is sweet given the last comments about sticking on topic. It's Miserere, btw, not Misere
Thanks for the correction. That was a link to his page, so I'm not sure why the spelling came out that way.
03-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #250
Veteran Member

Update!

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonto Quote
Just to add I showed my wife a picture of the K-01 when she came back from her trip- Response "fUgly" lol
I might set it up on my Playstation 3s wallpaper so it grows on her abit- admittedly it was the yellow one.
Wifey didn't realise K-01 was in other colours besides Yellow.
She doesn't mind the Black/Silver Top,
White/Black Top- Meh (Doesn't really care)
Silver/Black Top- Better than White but still prefers 1st one.

All Black-Likes!!! - BTW she has a the red Kx with matching kit lens so I didn't expect such a different response for All Black.

I showed her the camera mounted with the Black DAL 18-55 mounted and she prefers that to the snub nosed 40 XS.

So there you go
03-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #251
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonto Quote
Wifey didn't realise K-01 was in other colours besides Yellow.
She doesn't mind the Black/Silver Top,
White/Black Top- Meh (Doesn't really care)
Silver/Black Top- Better than White but still prefers 1st one.

All Black-Likes!!! - BTW she has a the red Kx with matching kit lens so I didn't expect such a different response for All Black.

I showed her the camera mounted with the Black DAL 18-55 mounted and she prefers that to the snub nosed 40 XS.

So there you go
All Black is pretty much the smash hit for the K-01, from what I can see. Bumblebee yellow is pretty much the second most appreciated for it's shock and awe.
03-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #252
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
All Black is pretty much the smash hit for the K-01, from what I can see. Bumblebee yellow is pretty much the second most appreciated for it's shock and awe.
Are they selling that? It was Adam's PS job, not the real thing.
03-17-2012, 04:41 AM   #253
Veteran Member

I like the yellow, makes a bit of a statement
03-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #254
Forum Member

On this cold and rainy morning I watched a YouTube trashing of the K-01, which I won't help with a link. This poor soul obviously is fearful of something as he rambles on with 4 letter words narrating the worst technical video ever featuring his beloved K7 as a real camera. His premise implies buying one will speed the destruction of Pentax/Ricoh, applehood and mother pie.
03-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #255
Veteran Member

Are they selling that? It was Adam's PS job, not the real thing.
No they arn't although you wouldn't know it from all the on-line store that used the picture!

I think it is commented on more to give pentax a heads up that an All Black version would be much appreciated.