Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #31
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 106
My wife is another one that loved the K-01, specially the yellow one. Personally, at first I didn't like it, but now I think it's kind cute. It grew on me
Well, getting as K-01 for me mean a better excuse to get more lens, since we will be sharing lenses at that point, so I can shop for two hehehe

02-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #32
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 418
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Come on now, this is from totally inside the bubble and goes against the intent of this thread. Aren't there enough threads pointing the photographers opinions about the camera?
That's from a forum where people care about photography but eschew traditional SLRs, and thus should be open to new concepts. But apparently that's yet another demo that falls outside of the K-01's brief.
02-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #33
Pentaxian
Class A's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 9,193
The reception on a fuji forum isn't that hot.
02-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #34
Pentaxian
johnmflores's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somerville, NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,185
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The reception on a fuji forum isn't that hot.
Would you think otherwise from a group stuck hopelessly, aesthetically in the past?


Last edited by johnmflores; 02-07-2012 at 04:53 PM.
02-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #35
Veteran Member
anthony mazzeri's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 312
Just been googling to see if any new info is arising on the net while I'm waiting. A site called The Verge is a gadget site and the comments are generally very positive, from both non-camera and camera people.

The couple of really negative comments appear to be from the usual type of suspects who use language like 'industrial design' and 'ergonomics' instead of words average normal people use when discussing 'hey, a new camera'.
02-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #36
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 418
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Would you think otherwise from a group stuck hopelessly, aesthetically in the past?
That they worship an ancient lens mount?

I really don't think with the volume of electrons spilled on this forum maintaining how critical it is that K mount be maintained intact and unmolested that Pentax users can afford to throw stones for being stuck in the past.
02-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #37
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manila
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,190
QuoteOriginally posted by junyo Quote
That they worship an ancient lens mount? I really don't think with the volume of electrons spilled on this forum maintaining how critical it is that K mount be maintained intact and unmolested that Pentax users can afford to throw stones for being stuck in the past.
I think johnmflores was referring to form, not function. It would be otherwise for the Fuji X-P here, though we're not really dissing Fuji's move to a new mount.
02-08-2012, 01:42 AM   #38
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,352
QuoteOriginally posted by anthony mazzeri Quote
And the camera design itself is obviously the Stovepipe.
I call it the Peterbilt

02-08-2012, 03:30 AM   #39
Pentaxian
Transit's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Whanganui NZ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,075
A friend who used to be a MF Pentax professional portrait photographer
emailed me having seen some pic of the K-01.
His cryptic comment was " a new camera ? I like the yellow "...
02-09-2012, 03:40 AM   #40
Pentaxian
Class A's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 9,193
Is Engadget outside the bubble?

They refer to the K-01 design as "Michael-Graves-meets-Fisher-Price".

One can regard the headline "Pentax K-01 mirrorless camera doesn't feel as cheap as it looks" as a positive (if one does not believe that a better design could have led to the headline "Pentax K-01 mirrorless camera feels as good as it looks").
02-09-2012, 04:04 AM   #41
Forum Member




Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 60
Upon viewing a picture of the yellow K01, my wife commented, "That is a nice camera. I would use that". She is an artsy person and knows colors and shapes really well. If it becomes available by July, there might be a place in our home for one.
02-09-2012, 04:08 AM   #42
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gladys, Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 16,237
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The reception on a fuji forum isn't that hot.
Clearly this is targeted at a different audience. People interested in a 2000 dollar camera that looks like it was made in the 1960s aren't going to be interested in shooting with a modern appearing camera without a viewfinder. But they aren't really the target either.

The question is, will people who are not currently shooting with SLRs be interested in picking a K-01 up, instead of a Canon XSI or T2i? Because those are the people that Pentax/Ricoh are going after and there are a lot more XSIs and T2is sold every year than the Fuji XPro1 and X100 combined.
02-09-2012, 04:18 AM   #43
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 969
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Clearly this is targeted at a different audience. People interested in a 2000 dollar camera that looks like it was made in the 1960s aren't going to be interested in shooting with a modern appearing camera without a viewfinder. But they aren't really the target either.

The question is, will people who are not currently shooting with SLRs be interested in picking a K-01 up, instead of a Canon XSI or T2i? Because those are the people that Pentax/Ricoh are going after and there are a lot more XSIs and T2is sold every year than the Fuji XPro1 and X100 combined.
Here, here
02-09-2012, 04:22 AM   #44
Forum Member




Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 60
My son just emailed me (he sleeps less than I do) with a big +1 for the K01. He never liked my slr because of the lack of an lcd which is what he has always used. Now I know why no EVF in the design and who the camera is for. Very forward thinking, Pentax.
02-09-2012, 06:19 AM   #45
Pentaxian
johnmflores's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somerville, NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,185
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Is Engadget outside the bubble?

They refer to the K-01 design as "Michael-Graves-meets-Fisher-Price".

One can regard the headline "Pentax K-01 mirrorless camera doesn't feel as cheap as it looks" as a positive (if one does not believe that a better design could have led to the headline "Pentax K-01 mirrorless camera feels as good as it looks").
That sarcastic headline is par for the course there



Pentax's K-r entry-level DSLR looks like a toy
by Thomas Ricker Sep 9th 2010 at 1:30AM
105 Comments


Pentax K-x introduced in four new colors, double rainbow now fully complete
by Darren Murph Aug 13th 2010 at 1:04AM
51 Comments


Pentax Kameraman puppets are perfect for shooting WTF faces
by Thomas Ricker Mar 19th 2010 at 2:51AM
15 Comments


Pentax's limited edition Korejanai K-x DSLR reminds us of Harlequin VW Golf
By Darren Murph posted October 25th 2009 3:32PM


Pentax K2000 to come in Limited Edition black-and-white cookie style
by Laura June Dec 16th 2008 at 8:55PM
51 Comments

And here's how we responded to that last camera

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/44200-white-k2000-km-announced.html

Sound familiar?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bubble, k-01, k01, mirrorless, pentax k-01
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mortgages / bubble yet again Nesster General Talk 3 11-10-2011 05:36 PM
Macro Eye of the Bubble LeeRunge Post Your Photos! 2 09-25-2011 04:13 PM
Macro Bubble Blowing Fly eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 07-14-2011 01:37 AM
Macro Bubble Bubble eaglem Post Your Photos! 8 03-13-2011 05:42 PM
Nature Plunge Bubble Tamia Post Your Photos! 3 07-04-2010 12:10 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:26 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top