Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 33 Likes Search this Thread
02-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #46

Photos: Gallery
Meh, just ignore the engadget. They are just doing their jobs. The big twos probably pay them well for their effort.

Last edited by K1D27H; 02-09-2012 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Misreading
02-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K1D27H Quote
Meh, just ignore the engadget. They are just doing their jobs. The big twos probably pay them well for their effort.
I can hardly wait for their review of the X Pro...."Hey, it's not as obsolete as it looks!"
02-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Well i forwarded the Pic of the "yellowjacket" to my wife and she likes it and first question was how much is it and when do you want to get it? I'd already mentioned the lens compatability to her
Odds are good barring another announcement of something that tempts me even more within the pentax realm that i will have one by my trip in September
whether i get to use it on the trip or it's glued to her hands are another story (her current camera is an Oly E300 she hardly uses but does well with when she has it
I can completely see this appealing to a number of artist friends as well. Most of them dislike DSLRs due to complexity they just want to be able to capture the image without being engineers, and most use P&S but wish they had better image quality if they are using the images in context of their work
I bet Benjikan gets one as well.
02-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #49

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Well i forwarded the Pic of the "yellowjacket" to my wife and she likes it and first question was how much is it and when do you want to get it? I'd already mentioned the lens compatability to her
Odds are good barring another announcement of something that tempts me even more within the pentax realm that i will have one by my trip in September
whether i get to use it on the trip or it's glued to her hands are another story (her current camera is an Oly E300 she hardly uses but does well with when she has it
I can completely see this appealing to a number of artist friends as well. Most of them dislike DSLRs due to complexity they just want to be able to capture the image without being engineers, and most use P&S but wish they had better image quality if they are using the images in context of their work
I bet Benjikan gets one as well.
Did he not mention in DPReview forum that he will get one?

02-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K1D27H Quote
Did he not mention in DPReview forum that he will get one?
i never go to DP review for the forum, but it doesn't surprise me. it will be popular in the fashion world as a fun camera (Waiting for the model shoot where it's a prop )
02-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #51

The Verge has a very even-keeled take on it.
QuoteQuote:
The camera feels great in the hand, with a chunky, solid design. The body is wrapped in ribbed rubber, and the physical controls are substantial and well-placed.
QuoteQuote:
While the body may not be much thinner than a DSLR, the overall package will be a lot easier to slip into a backpack or coat pocket, and we could see it appealing to users already invested in K-mount glass. For others, though, the size relative to other mirrorless cameras might make it a hard sell.
02-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #52
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Looks like someone's swiped videos and photos from the Internets, thrown some club beats beneath them and had a bird read from a script:

Pentax K-01 Overview Video ? 5min.com

Quiz - what's wrong with this video?

02-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Original Poster
"anything that falls into the category of the cool and the sleek would be featured here and the Pentax K-01 Digital Camera just happens to be one of those that belongs to that aforementioned category. "

tech@mikeShouts | Pentax K-01 Digital Camera designed by Marc Newson | it's a tech lifestyle
02-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
I think johnmflores was referring to form, not function. It would be otherwise for the Fuji X-P here, though we're not really dissing Fuji's move to a new mount.
he did say "aesthetically". and Fuji had no choice but to start a new mount, the F mount was even't theirs.
02-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
he did say "aesthetically". and Fuji had no choice but to start a new mount, the F mount was even't theirs.
It sure is Nikon's, but to the Fuji users, they're "used to it". So the new mount is well, new. I don't see much thumbs-down on the X-Pro here though, that's what I was trying to point out for junyo in his mention of Pentax users "being stuck in the past". Form and function are somewhat different aspects even if they affect each other, or at least to me.

@topic:

How many months will it take the Silverback and Yellowjacket to arrive? Can't wait to see a sample video taken with a * lens!
02-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #56
Pentaxian

The people who brought us The Battle of F Stop Ridge I and II settle it for good

https://www.thecamerastore.com/blog/2012/02/02/pentax-k-01-hands
02-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Nobody gets it. Neither do I.

Designer camera body. OK. But why?

Mirrorless. Great! Then why limit it to 6fps?? There's no physical limitation with hardware flipping about. Make it a record breaker in some way. New high res CCD? No, the same CMOS as you get in the K-5. WTH?? You could easily have offered something to chear about and justify the price tag.

Nothing new here. I'll move on...
02-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #58

DigitalCameraInfo.com:

Pentax K-01 First Impressions Review

This is a six-page review (not counting the Introduction, Photo Gallery, Specs and Comments pages).

P.S. Here is a very opinionated one-paragraph review of the K-01 by a self-professed "Canon girl":

New Pentax K-01 designed by Mark Newson.

Last edited by Welfl; 02-14-2012 at 02:56 PM.
02-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #59

QuoteOriginally posted by TourDeForce Quote

Mirrorless. Great! Then why limit it to 6fps?? There's no physical limitation with hardware flipping about. Make it a record breaker in some way. New high res CCD? No, the same CMOS as you get in the K-5. WTH?? You could easily have offered something to chear about and justify the price tag.

I believe an electronic shutter has physical limits, but I do not see the reason to need more than 5. New high resolution CCD? From Dalsa? That is not going to come cheap, and will not allow us to do video with the camera.
02-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #60
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by TourDeForce Quote

Your cameras can't even 3 fps...

Smth new here
1. Prime M processor
2. Full HD 1080p video capture at 30 FPS with h.264 compression (60 FPS at 720p) features shutter speed and aperture exposure control, video autofocus control
3. 81 AF points
4. No PEF
5. Focus Peaking
6. New SR
7. Three (green and red + AF/AE-L) programmable buttons
8. AF tracking
9. New sensor
10. In-camera stereo microphone
11. 1024 metering
12. New HDR mode
13. Metering range: EV -1 to 21

Last edited by ogl; 02-13-2012 at 10:35 PM.