Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #316
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by regor Quote
I think that this was the whole point of the K-01 Design, and so many are just missing the point it would seem. I don't think that it was designed to be used by serious photographers that are accustomed to DSLR handling, but more by the Point-and-shooters that are intimidated by DSLRs, confused by all the buttons and options, but yet, want the DSLR "quality". The interface is clean, very clean to the bare minimum, yet maintains the functionality that we've all come to like and depend on. I would dare anyone to come up with a better design for the casual P&S photographer seeking DSLR capabilities; I personally think that it was brilliantly designed when you consider the target buyer, albeit perhaps not designed for the population of this forum in mind. I suspect that the target population doesn't even know Pentax Forum even exists !
I was literally immediately attracted the the visual design of the K-01. I pre-ordered it and received mine within the first week. To me it looks like a camera in much the way a modern Camaro looks like a classic Camaro - I can see the references, but this version is fresh and reflects the evolution of electronic versus mechanical photgraphy.

Now that I have the K-01 I find that I spend more time shooting because it is fun to use. I certainly take the K10D out for what I consider serious shooting, but my fun stuff (well-composed and exposed captures of family events, scenes from family outings and things that interest me) now seems to always be with the K-01. Maybe that's because of the sensor capabilities; maybe because it is new; maybe becasue it was designed with me in mind (maybe I'm not a "serious" photographer, as one member PM'ed me in the shouting days) - I don't care why. I like it, I use it, it works and that's all I care about.

I really don't seem to have the sunlight problems and ergonomic complaints so may here claim to have. I wish everyone who is so incensed at Pentax would just accept this and let people buy it and enjoy it - and wait for whatever Pentax brings to their needs in later summer.

I promise I won't shout at them when that happens.

05-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #317
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
An opinion from The Online Photographer: The Best-Looking Cameras

05-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #318
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
He reserves judgement until he has seen one in real life.

Not the ideal outcome...