Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
02-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by topace Quote
That honestly surprises me, and makes me wonder why P&S cameras insist on making those ridiculous noises. But oh well, such a law would mean nothing in the age where one can just shoot video silently with the same equipment at a loss of IQ anyway.
You can usually turn off the sounds if you want. It is more to let you know that the image has been captured.

On the overall theme of the thread, particularly with the new lenses that are being released with this camera, the overall size can shrink considerably in comparison to traditional SLRs (although unfortunately, the lenses won't then be usable on traditional SLRs either).

02-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yes, sorry, I guess what I meant to say is "as quiet as you're likely ever going to get a real camera with interchangeable lenses to be". Something like that. In my defense it was very late when I wrote that.
02-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #18

Yeah, mirrorless K-5, pretty much.
OVF would be ok, too, but EVF is an area Pentax could really lead the market forward.

It is a cool camera, I just can't see myself buying. I have a K-5 and I love it.
But a higher tech mirrorless K5? Hey, I'd shell out bigger bucks for that- ~$2Kish

I didn't mean to slag the K-01, not trying to be negative.
I'm just hoping Pentax reads this board, and makes a "souped up" version of this new APS-C concept- which I think is a great move.
02-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
Again, I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. What is it that you want to gain since you're willing to give up the smaller size of the K-01 and the inherently instant display of an optical viewfinder in the K-5?

How would a mirrorless K-5 with a viewfinder be better than an actual K-5 AND the K-01??

02-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by intjonmiller Quote
I want a K-01 because it will allow me to use the incredible Pentax lenses, both current and legacy, with a phenomenal and proven sensor. And I can use them silently.
I don't know which lenses you have in mind, but the heavier and longer glass (think Super-Takumar 200/f4 for instance) will be pretty impractical and tiresome to use on a K-01.
02-10-2012, 05:33 PM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

My turn

I wanted a K-01 because

1. It allows me to use my cool pancake lenses with it. Yummy!

2. The on board flash seems to be sitting a lot taller than my K-7 and K-x's. So I am hoping that using the on-board flash with my DA14 will not cause a dark spot in the photo (sometimes using DA14 in a lowly lit environment need a bit of fill flash).

3. It uses the same battery as my K-7 which I have a couple of. Save some cash here.

4. It has that cool sensor from K-5 and is lightyears from my humble K-7

5. Styling wise, it is unique and small. I like this in a camera. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

6. street shooting - I am guessing this will be less obtrusive? people seem less noticed by a camera using live view.

7. Video mode - I never thought i would say this (because i never really use the video modes on my K-7 and K-x that much) but the full HD capability on the K-01 interest me alot. I think i will shoot more video from now.

8. full liveview mode allows me more accurate focusing (I hope so) because there is less back/front focusing problems with lenses.