Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2012, 01:56 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would have said that the 21/70 probably makes for the perfect lens pair on the K-01.

If I don't go too far down the road of investing into my Panny GF2 kit, I might be able to backtrack and get a K-01 instead!

02-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
B&H and I worked together on this page. Enjoy!

Pentax Lenses to Make the Perfect K-01 Kit

See also this article, in which we discuss the ultimate K-01 kit:

Pentax K-01 Lens Guide - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Pentax missed a *huge* opportunity to showcase the Limited Lens line with the announcement of the K-01.

Their marketing department should've *showered* the media with shots of the K-01 with all the various DA Limiteds attached, promoting both the camera and the lenses, then maybe, people would *GET IT*

Keeping the SLR lens mount *only* made sense because of the Limited Lens line, and most of the world don't even know they exist. they hear "SLR lens" and picture the massive obscene zooms of Canon and Nikon. or even Sony NEX.

I'm sorry but Pentax Marketing really is an oxymoron. Adam, do you have any dialog with them? Do they read the thoughts of their biggest fans and supporters on this forum?
02-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
Pentax missed a *huge* opportunity to showcase the Limited Lens line with the announcement of the K-01.

Their marketing department should've *showered* the media with shots of the K-01 with all the various DA Limiteds attached, promoting both the camera and the lenses, then maybe, people would *GET IT*

Keeping the SLR lens mount *only* made sense because of the Limited Lens line, and most of the world don't even know they exist. they hear "SLR lens" and picture the massive obscene zooms of Canon and Nikon. or even Sony NEX.

I'm sorry but Pentax Marketing really is an oxymoron. Adam, do you have any dialog with them? Do they read the thoughts of their biggest fans and supporters on this forum?
I agree, the main focus for this camera is the smaller/compact idea. FA77 is ridiculous choice when you look at the size of the DA70 with the hood off.
FA31 may be the IQ king, but is completely out of place with the 21/40/70 DA limiteds and even more so with the new XS 40.