Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Black Pentax K-01 available !! And in Australia??!!

Ladies and Gentleman, may I present you the BLACK Pentax K-01!! A$999 with 40mm lens.

(Note: Not too sure if this is an error but I am pleasantly surprised a black version is available.)

Black version
Pentax K-01 Mirrorless Camera Including 40mm Lens - Black | DigiDIRECT Australia

Black+white version
Pentax K-01 Mirrorless Camera Including 40mm Lens - White | DigiDIRECT Australia

Yellow version
Pentax K-01 Mirrorless Camera Including 40mm Lens - Yellow | DigiDIRECT Australia

There is no body only version yet. I am hoping they will sell the version without the lens.

Edit: Also no sign of the Black + Silver version which is what i really want! Come on CRK....get the black + silver version in!!

Thank you Pentax!!

02-12-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hate to break it to you, but it looks like that store simply stole this photo, created by one of our members:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/pentax-k-01-forum/116399d1328...-k01_black.jpg

If there were a black K-01 available, Pentax would have told us when we asked them at CP+.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Bummer! How could they do this to me! I knew it must be a mistake....

Any how, Oz pentaxians can start ordering now!!
02-12-2012, 12:53 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'd love to see an all-black version in the future. The good thing is that Pentax never denied that more colors would come, though I'm sure if they made an all-black one it would be a special limited edition or something like that.

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #5

Of course we have to pay a $150 premium on the kit compared to the US pricing
02-12-2012, 01:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

At least the price is comparable to units available in the States (given that we have a 10% tax). Makes an interesting change.
02-12-2012, 04:52 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Ha, ha...just scroll down the page with all black one and you will find an image with a viewfinder:
http://www.digidirect.com.au/images/pentax_k-01_40mm_black_rear.jpg
I am pretty sure I have seen that somewhere before
02-12-2012, 04:56 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

and there is no viewfinder option with the yellow one:
http://www.digidirect.com.au/images/pentax_k-01_40mm_yellow_rear.jpg

02-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
Ha, ha...just scroll down the page with all black one and you will find an image with a viewfinder:
http://www.digidirect.com.au/images/pentax_k-01_40mm_black_rear.jpg
I am pretty sure I have seen that somewhere before
Oh wow! These people must be out to scam. It was one thing when Henry's used the same black image as the OP in this thread posted (and they corrected it when notified), but using two user created mockups, that has to be intentional, unless whoever they have making their ads can't read a word of English. Either way, ridiculous.
02-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
Oh wow! These people must be out to scam. It was one thing when Henry's used the same black image as the OP in this thread posted (and they corrected it when notified), but using two user created mockups, that has to be intentional, unless whoever they have making their ads can't read a word of English. Either way, ridiculous.
nah, it's just laziness. They're imaging searching "black K-01" and take the first thing they see w/o checking.
02-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Lmao, this is hilarious. Someone take a screen snap!

I wonder what other make-believe photos of ours they're using

Adam

02-13-2012, 02:35 AM   #12
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
Yea, not a scam company.. they have a bricks-and-mortar store front in the city for example... they're just a grey-imports business so they do things a little dodgy... and being dodgy, they're just lazy I guess.
02-13-2012, 02:47 AM   #13
Veteran Member

They've fixed the image with the viewfinder - anyone get a screenshot?
02-13-2012, 02:49 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Actually digidirect is not a grey importer. They sell original Pentax gear supplied by the authorized Pentax distributor in australia with pentax warranty.

They are reliable guys and I have bought many things from them. I believe this is a genuine mistake from their part.
02-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I have no problem with them using images from other sources as long as they actually sell those cameras. for me, this is completely different from someone who steals a dog photo and selling their own dog claiming the photo is exactly theirs.