Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #16
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
But a 36mm square sensor would allow 36x24mm (either way, portrait or landscape) or 30x30mm or various other sizes at different aspects, all within a 43.26mm PK-mount image circle. Selecting the aspect in-camera is enticing. Professional? No. Fun? Yes.
Well you are forgetting the round sensor with 43,26mm diameter wich can do everything you want. You can go far with K-mount.

Actually there was one camera that has a sensor that keeps the diagonal the same and uses a different part of the sensor for square, 16:9, 4:3 or 3:2 picture style. (I think Panasonic, but don't know wich camera anymore).

This camera (from the sketch) should have an EVF in the pointing part. In that way you could use it for small lenses like the Polaroid and using the top screen for video or tripod use.

02-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #17
Forum Member

I'd like this, with the lcd on top covered by a door just like the hassellblad 500 and an optional 45° lcdvf

Last edited by befocus; 02-17-2012 at 02:52 PM.
11-11-2014, 02:29 AM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Wel looking at the drawings, this is already a very small thing.

Smart thinking a square lcd on top of the camera for that square sensor. And it is a big screen, just over 3 inches diameter using all the space that is there. I like the originality and input.
To me, that is a serious and different design, a mixture of old and new. Innovative. Great potential.

I wish Pentax see this and get serious with this.

Just lurking some old posts.
11-11-2014, 03:55 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Missed this one the first time around. An interesting concept. I'm not sure if it would go over seeing as the K-01 was not very well accepted by most people.

11-11-2014, 03:35 PM   #20

it only needs to be well accepted by enough people for a dope flickr pool and some oldfashioned long tail patience
11-12-2014, 02:03 AM   #21
Forum Member

This design does not need to be the K-02. This camera deserves a new line or a new series of cameras.
This is also a risky investment for Pentax if they will go for this, you know, financial reasons.

I wish a lot of Pentaxians here in this forum should see the drawings posted by OP and share their opinions.

Is there a way this topic be shared or forwarded in other threads?
11-19-2014, 02:30 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I would like that very much, bonus points if the top LCD can be tilted!
And if course, it has to be a yellow camera
QuoteOriginally posted by befocus Quote
I'd like this, with the lcd on top covered by a door just like the hassellblad 500 and an optional 45° lcdvf
And this, as well! I have thought about a Hasselblad 500-inspired K-02 for a long time now. Would be awesome!

Square sensor.. great idea! I'm getting too excited over this.

11-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by januko Quote
This design does not need to be the K-02. This camera deserves a new line or a new series of cameras.
This is also a risky investment for Pentax if they will go for this, you know, financial reasons.
someone's already got a k-0* brewing. after a fashion. the part i'm most interested in, at least.
12-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by spinach Quote
someone's already got a k-0* brewing. after a fashion. the part i'm most interested in, at least.
Yes, the Apertus Axiom project is very interesting. I wish it was possible to get a decent Open Source digital stills camera, and would love to delve into the source code for something like the K-01. Also, did you notice that the Samsung NX1 allegedly runs Tizen Linux? I wonder what they will give you if you ask for the source...
12-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #25
Closed Account

Not my "cup of ice tea" :-))
12-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #26

I think the design is intriguing but I'd be worried about using it under direct sunlight (crafting a screen protector would be tricky) and not entirely convinced about the flash mount on the side.
01-07-2015, 12:21 PM   #27

that's an easy fix -- snap a(n optional) prism down on the top, like a hassy