Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #1

LCD-screen shade

This post might be premature, as I'll have to wait till the price gets right. But after my initial feeling of dissapointment, I'm getting more and more confident that the K-01 will be my next camera.

The camera does not have an EVF, nor is an EVF available as an accessory. (Not that I would have bought one if it was an option.) Thus I'm confident that I'll need some kind of shade for the LCD. A quick google search returned a Delkin pop-up shade. That might do the job. But it will get in my way when I shot from the hip. Thus I'd preffer something detachable.

I've also seen this hoodman hoodloupe, but the does not suit my style of shooting, as I've acustomed to composing with a screen after one year with my Samsung EX1/TL500. Hiding behind a camera does not suit me.

Any other Ideas? How do you use your LCD-screen in bright sunlight?

Last edited by Bankebrett; 02-14-2012 at 10:32 AM.
02-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Based on initial reports, it actually seems that they added some special coatings to reduce the need for a shade. What I'd do is get the camera first, and then see how drastic of a measure you need to take!

Hopefully we'll be able to post a preview of the camera within the coming days to see how the screen is compared to that of the K-5.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #3

Original Poster
Interesting! Looks like I need one thing that I don't have: Patience :S

Now I see there is a new thread here to. About the anti-reflex coating.

Nevermind that thread. As some guy had to nag about the lack of eye level EVF there too (and thus the debate went down in flames).

Last edited by Bankebrett; 02-16-2012 at 11:09 AM.
02-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #4

Original Poster
Pentax forum user ibkc has found an interesting shade called Flipbac. That allows shoting from the hip with a mirror. What you see in the mirror will of course be in reverse like on a TLR.