Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pics from K-01

Apparently, this guy has posted pics from the K-01 to his blog.
Looks like some K-5 pics mixed in there.
I haven't verified anything; just stumbled across it, FWIW.
http://limteckchan.wordpress.com/

02-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Cannot fault the quality of images there.
02-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #3

If you save the images to your desktop and open them, their EXIF / TIFF info confirms that most of them were taken with a K-01.

Of course, that sort of information can be edited, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.
02-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Welfl Quote
If you save the images to your desktop and open them, their EXIF / TIFF info confirms that most of them were taken with a K-01.

Of course, that sort of information can be edited, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.
Or just get a plugin like Christian Eyrich - FxIF to view EXIF online with a rightclick. Much less tedious.

The images seem nice enough, but nobody really expected it to be a bad camera, did they?

02-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Kona Quote
Or just get a plugin like Christian Eyrich - FxIF to view EXIF online with a rightclick. Much less tedious.
True. I use Safari most of the time (on a Mac), and I am not huge on plugins, but I will download various Safari and Firefox EXIF plugins and give them a try.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kona Quote
Much less tedious.
Not really, at least not for me. I just drag an image from my browser window to the desktop, and that's it. It takes about a second.

Last edited by Welfl; 02-17-2012 at 07:59 PM.
02-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't usually "peep" but i have Opanda and it reads the exif off photos on my browser (Win7)...most except for one on the opening page is from the K-01 the 2nd one is from a K10D

The quality of the images are quite good anyone who plans on getting one shouldn't worry about the quality of the images out of the camera.
02-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
m8o
Veteran Member

Can't tell much from those internet-viewable-sized images, most being quick candid snaps, many with a lens that was too widely open for the scene, or makes me question what exactly was being focused on to begin with.

...what I'd rather know is how long it took for the camera to respond from shutter depress then to lock focus then and take the photo. I'm guessing it won't rival (or even come close to) a D-SLR but I'd like to know the real stats.
02-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Looks like a pre-production K-01 has reached Malaysia.

02-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Looks like a pre-production K-01 has reached Malaysia.
I can verify that, yes, a pre-production K-01 has indeed reached Malaysia

The writer of that blog is an avid street photographer and videographer, and a good friend of Pentax's distributor in Malaysia (who I work for).

You can view some more pictures at the Pentax Malaysia facebook page

Pentax K-01 at Kulsign 2012 | Facebook
02-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Can't tell much from those internet-viewable-sized images, most being quick candid snaps, many with a lens that was too widely open for the scene, or makes me question what exactly was being focused on to begin with.

...what I'd rather know is how long it took for the camera to respond from shutter depress then to lock focus then and take the photo. I'm guessing it won't rival (or even come close to) a D-SLR but I'd like to know the real stats.
I can answer some of that, although bear in mind this is a preproduction unit and we've not done any actual scientific tests.

The K-01 takes about a second to boot up (probably because they want to make sure Marc's name pops up for long enough), it responds quickly and the 40mm is pretty nippy when it comes to focusing and locking, although I had a little trouble with my F70-210. In terms of feel I'd take my K10D any day, but the K-01 is a nice experience and you definitely have to handle one to feel the quality that's put into it.

I'm Very glad this is not a plastic body!
02-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vinsant Quote
I can answer some of that, although bear in mind this is a preproduction unit and we've not done any actual scientific tests.

The K-01 takes about a second to boot up (probably because they want to make sure Marc's name pops up for long enough), it responds quickly and the 40mm is pretty nippy when it comes to focusing and locking, although I had a little trouble with my F70-210. In terms of feel I'd take my K10D any day, but the K-01 is a nice experience and you definitely have to handle one to feel the quality that's put into it.

I'm Very glad this is not a plastic body!
Thanks Vinsant, for this and the other link.