Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #1

Unboxing of K-01

Unboxing the Pentax/Marc Newson K-01 (NOTCOT)

02-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Man, I wish someone would send me one to unbox! Id take a bunch of pictures of it!
Nice shots, though. I really like the white one, looks very stylish. I don't know why its appearance caused such an uproar, I think it looks great, even the yellow version. What bothers me more is that such a camera cannot have OVF. But that's just part of this system.
02-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Thanks for sharing, looks cool, please share some photos if you can!
02-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #4

Original Poster
I just posted the link - unfortunately it's not my camera or website!

02-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Thanks for sharing. Too bad they really don't comment on anything other than its design and how fab it is that Marc Newson did it:ugh:

Has anyone in the US connected with photography been offered one to test drive?
02-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Okay someone has to say it. The aperture of that 40mm is asymmetrical.
If it isn't symmetrical, it won't be circular.
02-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I was confused, but it is probably part of advertisement. I want one (in yellow).
02-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Seems like the blogger is a designer.

I normally toss the box at the store, less junk for me to take home BUT this box i will keep, it's NICE!

02-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #9
Site Supporter

this was a nice series. That da 40 is crazy thin! If you aren't careful you'll mistake it for a lens CAP!

wo!
02-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Sure looks 'at home ' in that environment!
Looks great to me!

I just had a look about the site and read this:

"* WHAT IS NOTCOT?
Design Network of sites reaching over 5 million pageviews monthly.
NOTCOT Inc is a growing network of design sites currently including NOTCOT.com and innovative community contributed sites NOTCOT.org + NotCouture.com + Liqurious.com (+ previously TasteSpotting.com).

NOTCOT is a visual filtration of ideas + aesthetics + amusements. NOTCOT's two sites have become the daily sources of inspiration for creatives everywhere, fighting the good fight against "creative block" since 2005 with visually stunning imagery, the latest in international trends, and a passion for all things well designed.

NOTCOT.ORG is a community of creatives, design lovers, and trendsetters - where .org serves as the studio bulletin board gone digital - each image and caption brings you to a place worth visiting. It's about sharing what inspires you. Bookmarks, del.icio.us, digg, blogrolls, etc. make you read, search and think. This is the PICTUREBOOK to their novel. NOTCOT.COM is the editorial face of NOTCOT, offering in-depth features on products, artists, technology, innovation, and up-and-coming trends.

With the addition of NotCouture and Liqurious, what more could one need. NotCouture keeps you looking your best, as users find the latest and greatest in fashion and beauty for men and women. (And don't be fooled, this is a designer's take on fashion, not just the usuals in every magazine you see). Liqurious showcases the design in drinks ~ there are some gorgeous, luxurious, enticing cocktails out there!
"

If this was an intentional placement as it looks like it was Kudos to the PRIC marketing team!
02-26-2012, 05:05 AM   #11
Veteran Member

At the beginning of the article, they thank Pentax for sponsering them to play with it, so yes, it is an intentional placement.

Great find zach_manchester!

Also, note that the pictures of the white K-01 were taken with the K-01 plus the DA40 XS, which makes them some of the first sample images we have. The lens is looking pretty good...