Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luizpaulo Quote
I don't think the K-01's purpose is to replace a K-5, but to attract a different kind of crowd that currently buys Pentax (which is good, Pentax needs to atract a greater public) and as backup/walk around camera for K-5. I hope it's reviews show that in can fulfill it's promise. I hope it succeeds and further people interest in the Pentax brand and on the K mount. Success means new and better cameras and more lenses
I agree that the K-01 isn't going to be a replacement for a K5. but it will definitely be a good secondary camera to compliment the K5 when out in the field. It is less intrusive and uses the same battery as the K5 thus not having to worry about carrying another set of batteries. Similar sensor and all. It seems to be seated right now as a go between for the Kr and K5 for those who want a K5 but can't afford one but think the Kr isn't quite enough of a camera.

Any plans of comparing the DA40 XS vs the DA40? I am really curious if the XS loses any IQ compared to the LTD. They seem to be twins but with a different housing yet I recall people saying that the XS will not work on normal DSLR for some reason.

03-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #47
Banned

The K-01 is the perfect companion to the K-7.
03-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #48

RAW Files

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
RAW files will be made available, as we've done in the past for all our premium in-depth reviews.
There are a lot of "nooks and crannies" to explore here on PentaxForums. Being a relative newcomer, and with no new camera except the Q having been introduced since I found the site, I didn't know you have been making RAW files available for download (I should have checked your old reviews first). I'm glad to hear they are available. Thanks.
03-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The JPEG IQ should be better than that of the K-5, for one (obviously), and RAW IQ should be identical, but most won't care
Yup, that is one good thing that images looks good, both RAW and JPEG. But manual lenses with peakfocus, handling, video quality ect, would be great to have too. Most of all how that viewfinder works with taking a shot. In daylight?, is there a delay or distracting things like when I use my K-7. It makes bad noises, cause of SR, there is delay, lot of things that causes uncomfortable feel for shooting...if these things works well too...then it will be great!

03-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #50

I'll have the camera on Thursday (for sure)...so there review will be posted on Sunday morning Doesn't give me much time to do all the testing, but it'll happen, as will a "in practice" shootout against the K-5.

This is off the record, but while I think that the the K-01 will make a great point-and-shoot and a great video camera, it won't replace the K-5/3 in the bag.
Good Job, Adam.
I expect there are AF speed & accuracy, ISO especially 100&3200, video, and so on.
Thank you.
03-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #51
Veteran Member

... it won't replace the K-5/3 in the bag.
I see what you did there!
03-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is off the record, but while I think that the the K-01 will make a great point-and-shoot and a great video camera, it won't replace the K-5/3 in the bag.
QuoteOriginally posted by asw66 Quote
I see what you did there!
Slipped that in there, didn't he.
03-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #53
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Camera is coming in tomorrow. Stay tuned for a overview view to kick things off! I won't make it as boring as the official K-r intro video Pentax posted back in 2010, though

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #54
Veteran Member

....and my camera is due to me tomorrow.
03-06-2012, 08:14 PM - 1 Like   #55
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Got it took some videos, too! It's a great camera for those that would otherwise consider an intro level dslr. Handles well and delivers exceptional IQ and shooting speed!
03-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #56
Pentaxian

Adam stop teasing.

If you drop everything you are doing, eating, showering, sleeping, maybe you can get the indepth review done by friday