Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #16
Banned

K-01 has AF & IS (SR) with fast 67 Pentax lenses !

I use my K-mount lenses with adapter on my GH2 / GH1 and with the K-01 I use some of my 67 Pentax lenses with Pentax 1.7x AF adapter to give me AF and IS that I can't get on my GH2 with adapter. So it's more than 25 million when you count the fast 67 and 645 Pentax lenses.

03-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by John Poitiers Quote
I see your point, but Pentax has not (yet) orphaned the K-mount lens line ... like Canon did with the FD's, etc. ...
Those 60 million lenses don't include FD lenses. They are just EF mount - not orphaned - yet.

Canon has produced more DSLR lenses since 1987 than Pentax has produced in its entire history, including Takumars. Canon can claim compatibility with a larger number of lenses than Pentax does. This is not a winning argument for Pentax.

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Oh paleeze, so humor me, how many of the 60 million lenses have IS with the Rebel ? Does the Rebel work as well as the K-01 with K-mount lenses using Canon FD mount lenses ? Wake up ! Just because you hate video doesn't mean the whole planet is living in the past. Go get a K-5 or whatever floats your boat.
Take a deep breath and relax.

Are you finally realizing my point: that there are other features you should put forward, like SR or video, instead of bragging about 25 million lenses? Even with those you may have a hard time convincing a Canon user, but at least you're focusing on features that matter instead of numbers that nobody cares about.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
None of the MFT cameras is pocketable with one of those lenses mounted.
The K-01 is not pocketable with those 25 million legacy lenses either, so this point is moot.
03-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #18
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Even with those you may have a hard time convincing a Canon user
I don't care about Canon users. I sold my last Canon lens a zillion years ago. So tell me what camera I should get that is better than the K-01 in video mode with K-mount lenses ?

BTW this thread is about K-5 lenses that work with the K-01.
QuoteQuote:
Lenses?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will it take my K5 lenses?

Thanks
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-01-forum/178131-lenses.html
03-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #19
Veteran Member

BTW this thread is about K-5 lenses that work with the K-01.
And John gave the answer in post #2. Then in post #4 you set off this brouhaha about zillions of lenses. The answer there is:

The K-01 can use all the K-mount lenses that its dSLR kin can (excluding a very few with Vivitar shields or Ricoh pins that need slightest modding to work on modern cameras). AND all the various lenses that are easily adapted or fairly easily modded for PK mount. This is not the same as 25 million dSLR lenses. This is also not as many lenses as can be mounted on Ricoh GXR-M or Samsung NX or Sony NEX|E or Nikon A|V or Pentax Q MILC|EVIL cameras.

So let's just chill out.

03-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #20
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
And John gave the answer in post #2. Then in post #4 you set off this brouhaha about zillions of lenses. The answer there is:

The K-01 can use all the K-mount lenses that its dSLR kin can (excluding a very few with Vivitar shields or Ricoh pins that need slightest modding to work on modern cameras). AND all the various lenses that are easily adapted or fairly easily modded for PK mount. This is not the same as 25 million dSLR lenses. This is also not as many lenses as can be mounted on Ricoh GXR-M or Samsung NX or Sony NEX|E or Nikon A|V or Pentax Q MILC|EVIL cameras.

So let's just chill out.
You need glasses pal, I never said "zillions of lenses", I said 25 million lenses exactly like Pentax has said. Do YOU have a problem with that number ?
QuoteQuote:
Supports all Pentax K-mount lens and is compatible with 25+ million Pentax K mount lenses.
Amazon.com: Pentax mirrorless body design compatible with 25+ million Pentax K mount lenses K-01 Lens Body Kit - Yellow: Camera & Photo

03-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #21
Veteran Member

You need glasses pal, I never said "zillions of lenses", I said 25 million lenses exactly like Pentax has said. Do YOU have a problem with that number ?
Picky picky. I think 25 million qualifies as a zillion, at least to those of us who remove our shoes to count above 10.
03-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #22
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Picky picky. I think 25 million qualifies as a zillion, at least to those of us who remove our shoes to count above 10.
OMG, are you people for real ? So I say the K-01 works with all 25 million K-mount lenses ( Pentax count) and you get all bent out of shape. Why ? Is there a problem with that 25 million number ?
03-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #23
Banned

What Pentax Got right with the K-01

QuoteQuote:
I’ve been saving every single penny for a new camera. What I want is a second body to go along with my D90 for street photography and events. When Nikon announced their mirrorless camera, it was an option I initially considered, but I was underwhelmed after testing it. The Nikon 1 series looked good on paper, even with the small sensor. When it came to lenses, however, I had some serious issues with it. When Pentax recently announced the K-01 the first thought I had was, “They got it right!”

Forget what the Pentax K 01 looks like, that is not important. What I see is the K-01′s functionality. What I asked myself is why no one else thought about it, and if they did, why they did not do it?

If I was a Pentax user, that camera would be pre-ordered already. What has me so interested in the Pentax K-01 is the K mount. The K mount is what Pentax DSLRs uses for its lenses. The K-01 also uses the same size sensor as the k-5. If you’re a long time Pentax user you have a bunch of lenses already at your disposal. You are not giving up image quality or having to invest in a new lens system or an adapter, which is brilliant. Pentax K-01 Digital Camera With 40mm Lens (Black) is $899.95 usd.

When the Nikon 1 V1 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 10-30mm Lens was announced with its interesting feature set, costing $899.95 for a one-lens kit, left me slightly deterred. Don’t get me wrong, the Nikon j1 & v1 are excellent cameras. They perform decently, but it is a completely different lens system. The sensor, while seemingly nice, is small. The price, with the Nikon FT1 Mount Adapter, costing $269.97, for my current lenses, is high. This has made me unhappy with the Nikon 1.

Straight out of the box, I can use the K Mount lenses with the K-01. Looking at value for money, Pentax wins hands down.
Op/Ed What Pentax Got right with the K-01

03-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Robin: No MFT camera will mount them without an adapter. None of the MFT cameras is pocketable with one of those lenses mounted.
Yes, they need adapters, which cost something like 20 clams on the old internet. Big deal. Some of the adapters are so thin they are practically invisible. Saying that this renders the camera any less pocketable is FUD. The entire unit is still smaller than the darned K-01 is without any adapter.
03-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Yes, they need adapters, which cost something like 20 clams on the old internet. Big deal. Some of the adapters are so thin they are practically invisible. Saying that this renders the camera any less pocketable is FUD. The entire unit is still smaller than the darned K-01 is without any adapter.
Well I'll never solve this question because I'll never have the other cameras to compare with. I am not convinced one of the new m4/3 cameras will go in my pocket with a lens mounted any easier than the K-01 will go in my pocket with the same (or any comparable lens) mounted.

At any rate, I'll know Monday and I'll (no dount) be happy.
03-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
OMG, are you people for real ? So I say the K-01 works with all 25 million K-mount lenses ( Pentax count) and you get all bent out of shape. Why ? Is there a problem with that 25 million number ?
There were several problems with your statement, "The K-01 is the only mirrorless on the planet that takes the full line of DSLR lenses , all 25 million of them."

1. it was imprecise - it mentioned DSLR lenses, not K mount lenses
2. it was a poor argument for buying a K-01 - you don't buy a camera because you can theoretically collect 25 or 60 million lenses that can be used with it - you buy it because you can mount the 1, 3, 6, 12, 50, or 100 lenses that you actually care about using (and for other reasons too)
3. it is a dishonest psychological argument because it focuses on impressing people with a large number rather than focusing on something that actually matters for them, such as the features of the K-01
4. it is not even factually correct - any MILC can also "take" that full line of DSLR lenses, so the K-01 is not the only one with that property

So, you made an imprecise, poor, dishonest, and incorrect statement and when this was pointed out to you, you responded with spellings like "paleeze" and now you claim that everyone else but you is getting bent out of shape on this topic and that there is no problem with your statement at all. Hilarious, isn't it?
03-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #27
Pentaxian

The statement said THE FULL LINE not ALL dslr lenses so I would read it meaning all the lenses of a certain line or in this case a certain mount. The full line does not mean lenses from other manufactures at least that would be my way of reading Jogiba' statement. When some one speaks on the forum of what is missing in the line of lenses one assumes they are speaking of K mount as a 600 mm lens for example exists in the Canon line but it does not in the line when speaking of a Pentax product.

I currently have little interest in any of the mirrorless cameras but to say his statement was dishonest is a stretch in my opinion. But then I am not an English prof or an expert on who here is honest or not. Think it is fine to disagree with the meaning of a phrase but to question some one's honesty or at least the honesty of his statement because you read it a different way than some one else is over the top.
03-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #28
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
There were several problems with your statement, "The K-01 is the only mirrorless on the planet that takes the full line of DSLR lenses , all 25 million of them."

1. it was imprecise - it mentioned DSLR lenses, not K mount lenses
2. it was a poor argument for buying a K-01 - you don't buy a camera because you can theoretically collect 25 or 60 million lenses that can be used with it - you buy it because you can mount the 1, 3, 6, 12, 50, or 100 lenses that you actually care about using (and for other reasons too)
3. it is a dishonest psychological argument because it focuses on impressing people with a large number rather than focusing on something that actually matters for them, such as the features of the K-01
4. it is not even factually correct - any MILC can also "take" that full line of DSLR lenses, so the K-01 is not the only one with that property

So, you made an imprecise, poor, dishonest, and incorrect statement and when this was pointed out to you, you responded with spellings like "paleeze" and now you claim that everyone else but you is getting bent out of shape on this topic and that there is no problem with your statement at all. Hilarious, isn't it?
That is too funny, your a real winner DH.
03-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #29
Veteran Member

What's with old Pentax users fighting about semantics?
Shit, it's a new Pentax camera, we should all be happy about it.
If it is not for you, then don't buy it and use what you already have.
It's funny that some who haven't even used or owned the K-01 but somehow have a compelling need to put their two worthless cents of opinion.
Talk is cheap but what's the point if you don't even have the camera to go out and shoot with?
As the saying goes... empty vessels make the most sound.
03-09-2012, 04:37 PM - 1 Like   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
As the saying goes... empty vessels make the most sound.
And your post is different how?