Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Rondec

Huff already knows about those lenses. Doesn't Huff have a K-5? He might already have some of those lenses. He at least has used them already reviewing the K-5. In his review of the K-01 he just sounds like an idiot. Especially his Quick look where he is completely unaware that he froze the camera by removing the lens and reattaching it without turning the camera off and on.

And his glowing admiration for the NEX-7 with that zeiss lens on it then having a side by side with the K-01 and still thinking the NEX-7 has better ergonomics when it is clear to the eye that NEX-7 setup in no way is better balanced than the K-01. The only thing the NEX-7 has going for it is the EVF.

What Huff neglects to understand is the K-01 is a great compliment to the K-5 which should appeal to Pentax users. The K-01 is a small package interchangeable lens APS-C camera. Especially with the XS lenses. None of which remotely penetrates Huff's cranium.

03-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #62

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
For starters he loves Leica but somehow thinks the K-01 is a brick. Leica cameras by definition are bricks.
I noticed the same thing, both in his K-01 preview video and in his review video, but it is especially noticeable in the latter because one would think he would have become aware of his contradictory bias by then. While I myself am not a huge fan of the K-01's design (although I don't hate it either and would have bought one if it hadn't had certain other technical limitations, as per Adam's review), I believe I am awake enough (for lack of a better term) never to think that the same design I criticize when coming from one manufacturer is attractive when coming from another manufacturer, especially when I (meaning Steve Huff) am the one who pointed out those similarities in the first place!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
Then he makes a comparison between the K-01 and the NEX-7. The image of the two cameras next to each other contradict everything he is saying. The NEX-7 with that Zeiss 24mm lenses on it is ridiculous
I couldn't agree more. "Ridiculous" is the perfect description.

Having said that (this is just a fun aside ), I don't think I'm being (too) hypocritical when I say that I think the tiny Pentax Q, when attached to a large K-mount lens with an adapter, still looks, at most, attractive and, at least, not too unnatural. Ergonomically speaking, it may be really bad, but at least it still has a certain visual appeal.* Furthermore, at least some K-Q adapters, have a tripod mount built into them, which should really help (of course, I cannot find the image of the adapter I saw with the tripod mount now).

* Disclaimer: No, I do not own a Q, and I probably never will (famous last words , especially if the price drops dramatically); however they appeal to me a lot more now than they did just last week.
03-22-2012, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Haha, you guys are funny - when Huff is on his knees blowing Pentax products you guys love him, when he gives constructive criticism you guys want to hang him; actually seems to be that way when anyone mentions any short comings of pentax.
03-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #64

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Haha, you guys are funny - when Huff is on his knees blowing Pentax products you guys love him, when he gives constructive criticism you guys want to hang him; actually seems to be that way when anyone mentions any short comings of pentax.
You may not have read my comment before you wrote your comment, but I actually agree with Huff's technical, physical and design criticisms (and compliments) of the K-01. In fact, I was disappointed that he left out several technical criticisms that Adam covers. I just don't like his hypocrisy when it comes to praising other cameras that are as bad, nearly as bad, or even worse visually and ergonomically.

03-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Welfl Quote
You may not have read my comment before you wrote your comment, but I actually completely agree with Huff's technical, physical and design criticisms of the K-01. In fact, I was disappointed that he actually left out several technical criticisms that Adam covers. I just don't like his hypocrisy when it comes to praising other cameras that are as bad, nearly as bad, or even worse visually and ergonomically.
We posted at near same time - I am actually just talking in general, not specifically any one post (think I actually posted a ways back in this thread)...
03-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #66

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
We posted at near same time - I am actually just talking in general, not specifically any one post (think I actually posted a ways back in this thread)...
That's what I thought. I wouldn't have been offended even if you had been including me. I enjoy the conversation and good-natured banter.