Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2012, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #1
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
first quick video test @ 1000mm

I just tested my K-01 with my Pentax PF-80ED spotting scope and Pentax PF-CA35 adapter that is around 1000mm (1500mm eqiv) in windy conditions on my Bogen 475 tripod with 501 head.
Pentax PF-CA35 K-Mount SLR Camera Adapter 70510 B&H Photo Video
Pentax PF-80ED Spotting Scope w/ 20-60x Eyepiece B&H Photo Video






03-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,624
The little bounces make me a little seasick lol
03-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
Original Poster
That is why most people don't shoot video in windy conditions @ 1000mm . I just wanted to see how the K-01 performed and I did not want to wait for better conditions.
03-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 52
Hi,
When you change the point of interest, is it able to adjust the focus automatically or do you need to keep pressing AF button to refocus
From the videos, I am not sure there was any refocus happening, it looks continuous, are you doing MF?

Thanks,
Mugundhna

03-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 87
QuoteOriginally posted by mugund Quote
Hi,
When you change the point of interest, is it able to adjust the focus automatically or do you need to keep pressing AF button to refocus
From the videos, I am not sure there was any refocus happening, it looks continuous, are you doing MF?

Thanks,
Mugundhna
Don't think there's going to be any autofocus with a spotting scope... Manually focussed all the way.
03-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
The dead cat does a great job with the wind noise! TFS
03-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,624
I wonder if your neighbors were curious as to what you were doing, or if they are quite familiar with your setup with the scope
03-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,556
That does look very cool, but the video is soso for now.

03-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #9
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,576
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
I wonder if your neighbors were curious as to what you were doing, or if they are quite familiar with your setup with the scope
Given all the scopes and telescopes he has and seems to use regularly around the yard, the neighbours are probably very well aware that there can be no secrets in jogiba street
03-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 35
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
That is why most people don't shoot video in windy conditions @ 1000mm
I shoot most of my videos in windy conditions @ 1250mm and beyond. It's called 'lucky imaging'

edit:
didn't use a k-01, obviously. But a k-02 could make similar shots possible, if 'digital zoom' during video is enabled. The 1st picture could be done with a k-01, too - but the IQ wouldn't be that mediocre...
Attached Images
       
03-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nasus Quote
I shoot most of my videos in windy conditions @ 1250mm and beyond. It's called 'lucky imaging'

edit:
didn't use a k-01, obviously. But a k-02 could make similar shots possible, if 'digital zoom' during video is enabled. The 1st picture could be done with a k-01, too - but the IQ wouldn't be that mediocre...
Do you have a link to a video shot in windy conditions ? I shoot video up to 2350mm ( 3525mm equiv) but not when it's windy.


03-09-2012, 02:02 AM   #12
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 35
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Do you have a link to a video shot in windy conditions ?
Not anymore. I delete them after stacking - but usually I get 1 usable frame out of 10; sometimes less, depends on seeing.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adapter, k-01, k01, mirrorless, pentax, pentax k-01, pf-80ed, pf-ca35, scope, test, video, youtube
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Everybody test this for me real quick. lavascript Pentax K-r 6 03-06-2011 09:51 PM
K-5 with Tamron 1.4x TC and AF, 50-135mm, liveview quick test pxpaulx Pentax K-5 4 11-27-2010 07:13 AM
Quick test of continuous shooting with new K-5 firmware (1.01) dgaies Pentax K-5 32 11-22-2010 02:57 AM
K-7 with 15-1000mm lenses HD video !!! jogiba Pentax DSLR Discussion 6 07-12-2009 05:57 PM
First test with 1000mm K10D Peter Zack Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 49 07-25-2008 06:32 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top