Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Language Settings for the K-01

Wondering if anyone in Japan can confirm if the K-01 can be set to English; assuming so at this point given the rest of the Pentax bodies seem to support that.

I was quite annoyed to find out that the Panasonic Lumix GF cameras are region-specific in this day and age...

03-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe that they all can be set to English, yes. Every Pentax I've bought to date (and I've gotten them both in the US and in Europe) supported several different languages including English and Japanese. Plus, there don't seem to be any regional firmware releases, either.

On my US K-01 there are 16 available languages

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Adam, I saw that in the documentation as well; guess that explains the lack of significant price differentiation between buying in Japan and in North America... the Lumix GX1 can be had nearly $200 off over there than here but you are limited to Japanese menus (at least according to the website and other user reports).
06-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
Forum Member

My new K-01 has 16 languages too. But there's no Chinese in it. That's fine to me, but my wife has problem with that.

My K-5 has 19 languages, included traditional Chinese, simplified Chinese and Japanese. Don't know why K-01 take those 3 languages away.

Is there any way to install Chinese in K-01?

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I believe that they all can be set to English, yes. Every Pentax I've bought to date (and I've gotten them both in the US and in Europe) supported several different languages including English and Japanese. Plus, there don't seem to be any regional firmware releases, either.

On my US K-01 there are 16 available languages

06-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the camera is sold in China, then I'm sure there's a version pre-loaded with the Chinese language. Otherwise there might not.
06-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
Forum Member

However, I am pretty sure the spec of K-01 on the website said it supports Traditional/Simplified Chinese and Japanese.

PENTAX - K-01 Yellow

Even Pentax UK website claimed K-01 supports Traditional/Simplified Chinese and Japanese.

K-01 - Digital Mirrorless - PENTAX Photo

They need to update spec if K-01 doesn't support Traditional/Simplified Chinese and Japanese when you buy it in US.

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If the camera is sold in China, then I'm sure there's a version pre-loaded with the Chinese language. Otherwise there might not.