Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K-01/DA35 Limited, Using the Peek function and Quick Shift Focus

I can't stop holding this camera. Today I slapped on my DA35 Limited and they look made for each other.

No serious photography yet, just getting the feel of things.

Here is my little dog Maya. This was a test how well the K-01 and the Peek Focus function works with the limited's Quick Shift Focus function.

Answer, AWESOME

Cradling the camera and lens in my left hand, I prefocussed the image then was easily able to adjust the exact focal plane using the Peek Focus function and a simple racking of the index finger of my left hand. There was no feedback from the lens just a smooth and stable focus rack. It was one of those moments when you say to yourself "Oh this is how focussing a macro shot should work".

Attached is the photo. Nothing special but is shows being able to get the focus just where you want it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
03-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey, another chihuahua owner!
03-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice, I can't wait to test the focus peaking on a floor model
03-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by joelovotti Quote
I can't stop holding this camera. Today I slapped on my DA35 Limited and they look made for each other.

No serious photography yet, just getting the feel of things.

Here is my little dog Maya. This was a test how well the K-01 and the Peek Focus function works with the limited's Quick Shift Focus function.

Answer, AWESOME

Cradling the camera and lens in my left hand, I prefocussed the image then was easily able to adjust the exact focal plane using the Peek Focus function and a simple racking of the index finger of my left hand. There was no feedback from the lens just a smooth and stable focus rack. It was one of those moments when you say to yourself "Oh this is how focussing a macro shot should work".

Attached is the photo. Nothing special but is shows being able to get the focus just where you want it.
Finally, someone else gets it!! Hold this camera as a film SLR (from the old user manuals) and anything is possible!!

Nice shot and sharp focus!!