Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2987 Likes Search this Thread
03-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Had a chance to get by Multinomah Falls with my K-01 and DA 16-45. I'm on a trip right now so I had to process the RAW file using a sloooow, old, low res macbook, but I think it turned out well.
That's gorgeous! It looks 3D.

03-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #137
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Had a chance to get by Multinomah Falls with my K-01 and DA 16-45. I'm on a trip right now so I had to process the RAW file using a sloooow, old, low res macbook, but I think it turned out well.
I've wanted to go there for -- decades -- but it is a bit far from St. Louis. Now I have a much better idea of what I'm missing!! This is going to be a good camera if people keep producing images like that.
03-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #138
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
That's gorgeous! It looks 3D.
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I've wanted to go there for -- decades -- but it is a bit far from St. Louis. Now I have a much better idea of what I'm missing!! This is going to be a good camera if people keep producing images like that.
Thanks guys!
03-28-2012, 05:22 PM - 1 Like   #139
Veteran Member

I'm out in Austin, Texas, visiting my brother right now and today we went to Mckinney Falls State Park, where I took these.
All are K-01 and DA 16-45

03-28-2012, 05:41 PM - 1 Like   #140
Veteran Member

I'm out in Austin, Texas, visiting my brother right now and today we went to Mckinney Falls State Park, where I took these.
All are K-01 and DA 16-45

Why are you treating that brick like a serious tool for making beautiful photographs? Haven't you read on the internet that it is an ugly toy, and you can't see the lcd screen in the daylight?
03-29-2012, 12:13 AM - 2 Likes   #141

Inspired by Greta Eagan's Chinatown photo essay posted here a few days ago, I went for a walk in my own city's Chinatown. A gloomy day with intermittent rain, I was dealing with strange color casts being thrown by a mix of neon & fluorescent lights, garish paint jobs and cold daylight pouring through windows. Between the K-01's white balance decisions and a little help from Lightroom, I hope I managed all right. Here's a few randoms:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 

Last edited by mervis; 03-29-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: to fix typo.
03-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #142

QuoteOriginally posted by mervis Quote
Inspired by Greta Eagan's Chinatown photo essay posted here a few days ago, I went for a walk in my own city's Chinatown. A gloomy day with intermittent rain
Well done!

For some odd reason, it seems that "rainy" and "gloomy" actually create the proper mood for your shots. Maybe I'm thinking that way because it was also an overcast day in Greta's shots.

P.S. Do you think the "mopping girl" was smiling due to you and your camera or for some other reason?

Last edited by Welfl; 03-29-2012 at 07:20 AM.
03-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #143
Veteran Member

Mervis, that last shot - amazing. What a damn good shot right there.
03-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #144
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful series Mervis - including the social commentary. What a blending of cultures, including the smiling young lady mopping the floor surrounded by her (presumably traditional) mother, the busy, colorful oriental-branded ingrdients and products -- wearing black and Ugghs!
03-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #145

QuoteOriginally posted by Welfl Quote
P.S. Do you think the "mopping girl" was smiling due to you and your camera or for some other reason?
Pretty sure she knew I was there. I was on the sidewalk waiting for her to turn and show her face a little. All in good fun.

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Mervis, that last shot - amazing. What a damn good shot right there.
Thank you very much. I cut off her feet, but you have to work fast doing candids. No second chances sometimes.
03-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #146
Veteran Member

I don't think missing the feet is such a big deal, since she isn't centered - the wall background contrasts so highly with her look; bright colorful wall art and old fashioned dark clothed asian lady. Fabulous!
03-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #147

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Wonderful series Mervis - including the social commentary. What a blending of cultures, including the smiling young lady mopping the floor surrounded by her (presumably traditional) mother, the busy, colorful oriental-branded ingrdients and products -- wearing black and Ugghs!
Thx, mono. I'm wondering what she's wearing on her sleeves. Cleaning protection?
03-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #148
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mervis Quote
Thx, mono. I'm wondering what she's wearing on her sleeves. Cleaning protection?
It is a "puffy shirt" - look at the base of her neck in front of the sweatshirt hood. My younger daughter has a couple.
03-29-2012, 08:23 AM - 2 Likes   #149

I tried out the Voigtländer Nokton 58/1.4 on the K-01 yesterday. It's a heavy lens with rather a long focus throw but I found it quite a comfortable combination.

03-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #150
Veteran Member

That shifter knob and the dog are very good shots. Was the focus peaking good to work with using that lens?