Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #1606
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Salagubang Quote
Yes, she told me her grandparents are from Spain.
When I was living in Thailand mixed models were definitely the most popular and sought after. Especially the ones that have Caucasian features like the one in your picture.

Hope to see more of your work in the near future!

06-21-2013, 06:30 PM - 1 Like   #1607
HTR

Photos: Albums
Hello everyone, I am a long time lurker here. There are so amazing pics on this thread! Here is my humble contribution. I couldn't decide whether to post it on this or the 15mm Limited thread so it's cross-posted.

06-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #1608
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HTR Quote
Hello everyone, I am a long time lurker here. There are so amazing pics on this thread! Here is my humble contribution. I couldn't decide whether to post it on this or the 15mm Limited thread so it's cross-posted.
I'd say you're off to an excellent start! Nice job.
06-21-2013, 10:42 PM - 3 Likes   #1609
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My first K01 photos

I have been in the wilderness for 2 years now (photographically speaking) after the shutter on my K10D froze (after only 8000 actuations). Finally have a camera again after seeing a really good bargain (K01 with 40mm pancake) and took this photo yesterday. Loving being back into photography

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
06-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #1610
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
I have been in the wilderness for 2 years now (photographically speaking) after the shutter on my K10D froze (after only 8000 actuations). Finally have a camera again after seeing a really good bargain (K01 with 40mm pancake) and took this photo yesterday. Loving being back into photography
That's a great shot you got there! Very nice! One of those right place right time right camera kind of deals I guess!
06-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #1611

How did you focus with the shot? Wonderful shot.
06-22-2013, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #1612
Veteran Member

Sigma 17-70 (V1) @ 17mm:

06-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #1613
Pentaxian

If anyone doesn't already know this, the Russian Helios 58mm f2 lenses are great value for money and lot of bokeh fun on the K-01 with focus peaking, which helps a lot especially wide open.

I purchased a 44M-4 today at a market for equivalent $35 (not a steal for European prices) and this is one of the first photos taken...Amusingly, on Pentax digitals the 44M-4 version is stuck wide open by a control pin regardless of aperture setting, until one does a simple piece of surgery.

06-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #1614
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
That's a great shot you got there! Very nice! One of those right place right time right camera kind of deals I guess!
Thanks for your kind appraisal. It was one of those right time right camera deals although many say you make your own luck. I've been watching for the last six months for a repeat Amazon style deal and my patience eventually paid off. I paid $295 for the camera and lens and am very relieved that I no longer have to wait to take photos.

Time to snap on my 10-17 fisheye!

Mark
06-22-2013, 05:28 PM - 1 Like   #1615
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Salagubang Quote
How did you focus with the shot? Wonderful shot.
The focusing was very hit and miss. I focused on the tree the butterflies were perched at about the same distance I anticipated them in flight. A mate rustled the tree and the rest was history. It was good fun.

here is another photo as I panned across the sky following the butterflies into the sun. A little purple fringing evident unfortunately. I only have the jpeg as I erroneously thought that DNGs were being simultaneously recorded
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
06-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #1616
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
If anyone doesn't already know this, the Russian Helios 58mm f2 lenses are great value for money and lot of bokeh fun on the K-01 with focus peaking, which helps a lot especially wide open.

I purchased a 44M-4 today at a market for equivalent $35 (not a steal for European prices) and this is one of the first photos taken...Amusingly, on Pentax digitals the 44M-4 version is stuck wide open by a control pin regardless of aperture setting, until one does a simple piece of surgery.
I ordered one of those Helios lenses from Russia off of ebay recently. I saw sample shots and fell in love with the swirly bokeh and knew I had to have it. Plus it was an excuse to get an M42 lens to go along with my newly purchased official Pentax adapter. The lens shipped out on the 10th so I should hopefully be receiving it any day now. Fingers crossed that it didn't get lost or damaged on the way!
06-23-2013, 12:05 AM - 1 Like   #1617
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
I ordered one of those Helios lenses from Russia off of ebay recently.
You're going to have a lot of fun with that Helios (plus buying other M42 lenses!). Some Helios lenses seem to produce more swirls than others. The 44-2 is my most swirly lens, but as you can see from my photo above the 44M-4 also has unique bokeh, as does the 44M. Then there's the Helios 40.... Hope yours arrives in good shape. Physically they are very solid lenses!
06-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #1618
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Bokeh Quote
First photo: The church. Tripod used, and in camera pastel effect added.
Mike
Pastel effect works very well with your photo...I have yet to try any of those but now I may do so.

QuoteOriginally posted by HTR Quote
Hello everyone, I am a long time lurker here. There are so amazing pics on this thread! Here is my humble contribution. I couldn't decide whether to post it on this or the 15mm Limited thread so it's cross-posted
Nice downtown skyline!

Finally have a camera again after seeing a really good bargain (K01 with 40mm pancake) and took this photo yesterday. Loving being back into photography
Very cinematic look to it...I like it and welcome back

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
Quite an interesting effect.
06-24-2013, 01:08 PM - 1 Like   #1619
Pentaxian

Couple from the botanical garden at my university using the da 35mm macro limited

radial stars

ecosystem services
06-24-2013, 08:08 PM - 1 Like   #1620
Pentaxian

Some shots from today.