Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2014, 10:45 AM - 1 Like   #2536
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by restyl Quote
Bath Russian Tsar
That is an elaborate looking bath house but what else would we expect from a Tsar Thanks for sharing.

QuoteOriginally posted by VaderSS Quote
San Francisco from Twin Peaks. Cropped a bit. Shot at 8mm with a Sigma 8-16mm and a K01.
Really liking my copy so far...it offers a perspective unlike anything else.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
A couple with the FA 31 limited.
Nice...I'm really torn between these two...though ultimately I like the lighting and colors of the bottom landscape best.

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Another snap from the fitness couple shoot. FA43
Considering the colorful gear she is wearing the overall vibrant theme is a good choice for this one and the framing is nice as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pedroboe Quote
Took this and others at The Great Sand Dunes in Southern Colorado...
Great lighting! Is it me or does this resemble a woman's posterior...in an abstract sort of way?

QuoteOriginally posted by richardwong Quote
gda - nice shots from another part of this world. Pretty clear considering you were in a car at the time.
Thanks Richard! You got some nice subtle colors on that shot with the Tokina...what do you think of that lens so far?

---------- Post added 04-08-14 at 02:30 PM ----------

Some more Vietnam pics.

These are from one part of Phong Nha-Kẻ Bàng National Park. This is where the recently discovered Sơn Đọng cave is located which is now the largest cave in the world. It is still an actively explored and researched cave (as are many of the caves in this region) so the access is extremely limited (just 224 visitors are allowed per year) in order to minimize environmental impact and although the cost of the expedition is a bit pricey it seems worth it for what should be a unique experience. Maybe...some day .

Instead this time we visited Thiên Đường( heaven/paradise road) Cave which up until Sơn Đọng's discovery was considered the largest and longest cave in this national park. It is 31km long and up to 100m high and 150m wide. It was recently opened up to tourists (2010) and there is a walkway through the first 1.1km where you can see some interesting formations. When walking through you can also see many distance lines heading into the many dark tunnels that comprise this elaborate network. I was definitely happy to have a camera such as the K01 in this situation and yes, more 35mm ltd usage here ... and no flash.

ISO 6400!

Only ISO 800 on the rest

The way out/in.

Last edited by gda13; 04-09-2014 at 11:48 AM. Reason: correction
04-09-2014, 06:44 AM   #2537
Site Supporter

Testing out a new-to-me Sigma 50mm F/2.8 Macro...

04-09-2014, 07:16 AM   #2538

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
Lovely shot - sandy formations nice composed, love to colors. K-01 did a great job here - however how did it survived the sand in the air ? After all it is not a weather sealed body. Did you had any issues with sand in wrong places after shooting or avoiding changing the lens was enough ?

BTW. Welcome to forums
--manntax

---------- Post added 04-05-14 at 09:07 AM ----------

Brilliant ! just brilliant ! i love how you used the light in first shot abd BW version also works great for this subject. You know how to put that humble K-01 through its paces
--manntax
Yes, there was sand all over the place. I avoided changing lenses on site. By the time I got back to the motel, I just used a dust blower. The 35 limited had sand everywhere, but a year after, it's all gone and the lens is doing fine. It's inevitable for the camera bag to get all sandy. I highly recommend this place!
04-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #2539

QuoteOriginally posted by gda13 Quote
That is an elaborate looking bath house but what else would we expect from a Tsar Thanks for sharing.

Really liking my copy so far...it offers a perspective unlike anything else.

Nice...I'm really torn between these two...though ultimately I like the lighting and colors of the bottom landscape best.

Considering the colorful gear she is wearing the overall vibrant theme is a good choice for this one and the framing is nice as well.

Great lighting! Is it me or does this resemble a woman's posterior...in an abstract sort of way?

Thanks Richard! You got some nice subtle colors on that shot with the Tokina...what do you think of that lens so far?

---------- Post added 04-08-14 at 02:30 PM ----------

Some more Vietnam pics.

These are from one part of Phong Nha-Kẻ Bàng National Park, we only spent one day there but in reality to see everything, or much of it anyway, it would require a more extensive stay. This is where the recently discovered Sơn Đọng cave is located which is now the largest cave in the world. I would have loved to have seen this in person but since it is still an actively explored and researched cave (as are many of the caves in this region) the access is extremely limited (just 224 visitors are allowed per year) in order to minimize environmental impact and although the cost of the expedition is a bit pricey to me it seems worth it for what you get and as an experience unlike anything else. Only one company is currently handling the tours. Maybe...some day .

Instead this time we visited Thiên Đường( heaven/paradise road) Cave which up until Sơn Đọng's discovery was considered the largest and longest cave in this national park. It is 31km long and up to 100m high and 150m wide. It was recently opened up to tourists (2010) and there is a walkway through the first 1.1km which supposedly have some of the most interesting formations. When walking through you can see many actively used distance lines heading into the many dark tunnels that comprise this elaborate network. I was definitely happy to have a camera such as the K01 in this situation and yes, more 35mm ltd usage here ... and no flash.

ISO 6400!

Only ISO 800 on the rest

The way out/in.
Indeed, the caption on the photo is "Erotic Dunes" I have this and others on my flickr account.

04-10-2014, 06:47 AM - 2 Likes   #2540
Pentaxian

My first shot with K-01. Quick portrait of a work colleague using Voigtlander Nokton 58mm SLII. Like the focus peaking, never really used it on the K-3. Will in future.

04-10-2014, 07:25 AM   #2541
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Only ISO 800 on the rest
This photo is simple amazing ! The composition and light makes these forms sculpture-like !!

QuoteOriginally posted by Papa Lazarou Quote
My first shot with K-01. Quick portrait of a work colleague using Voigtlander Nokton 58mm SLII. Like the focus peaking, never really used it on the K-3. Will in future.
Brilliant result from a wonderful and unappreciated camera paired with some excellent glass !
--manntax
04-10-2014, 10:10 AM - 1 Like   #2542
Loyal Site Supporter

stilt houses with F 35-70mm lens
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
04-10-2014, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #2543
Loyal Site Supporter

FA 31

Last edited by LeRolls; 04-10-2014 at 03:35 PM.
04-12-2014, 03:53 AM   #2544
Loyal Site Supporter

A couple of shots with the FA 31 limited.

04-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #2545
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
This photo is simple amazing ! The composition and light makes these forms sculpture-like !!
Thank you for your kind comments and it was an amazing experience! The lighting was not always the greatest within the caves but here and there it was workable and thankfully geologic/geochemical processes are the artists patiently doing all that beautiful sculpting

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
A couple of shots with the FA 31 limited.
Good to see the springtime again. That first photo is exceptionally nice, you and Chris with your 31mm ltd shots are chipping away at my willpower...actually I almost caved in earlier this week for a deal on a sigma 30mm 1.4 but I am glad I got over that and resolved once and for all that the fa 31mm will be my next acquisition.

------------------------------------

A couple from around downtown St Petersburg (Florida) a few weeks back.

da 70mm ltd

04-13-2014, 04:49 AM   #2546
Loyal Site Supporter

That first photo is exceptionally nice, you and Chris with your 31mm ltd shots are chipping away at my willpower...actually I almost caved in earlier this week for a deal on a sigma 30mm 1.4 but I am glad I got over that and resolved once and for all that the fa 31mm will be my next acquisition.

A couple from around downtown St Petersburg (Florida) a few weeks back.

da 70mm ltd
I think you'll love the 31! It stung a little when I first acquired it (it is my most expensive lens) but now I can't imagine not having it.

I like your second shot, great clouds!
04-13-2014, 11:56 AM - 1 Like   #2547
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Papa Lazarou Quote

Very nice, Papa Lazarou.

I was thinking of buying the Voightlander 58 a few years back, but did not. Now, I think they're harder to find.

Mike

---------- Post added 04-13-14 at 01:58 PM ----------

FA 31
Oh, LeRolls!

That is in masterpiece territory!

Mike
04-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #2548
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Bokeh Quote
Oh, LeRolls!

That is in masterpiece territory!

Mike
Thanks so much! Really means a lot to me!
04-14-2014, 08:21 AM - 2 Likes   #2549
Pentaxian

I want to cross post this photo here. Took it recently with my yellow brick, and I like it a lot.

Lady in winter
04-14-2014, 09:17 AM - 3 Likes   #2550
Site Supporter

I think you'll love the 31! It stung a little when I first acquired it (it is my most expensive lens) but now I can't imagine not having it.
It will also be my most expensive lens but will probably end up being my most used one so I expect it will be worth it, especially with its low light capabilities. Was actually thinking about getting a dslr again (mostly because I miss a lot of the bracketing control from my previous k5) but that has moved a bit down on the priority list now.

I like your second shot, great clouds!
Thanks! Yeah with the rainy season soon to be in full effect nice clouds will be a daily feature here in our state.

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Lady in winter
Good eye spotting her there!

----------------------------------------------

A few more from my evening hanging around St. Petersburg.

da 70mm ltd

Sigma 8-16mm @ 8mm! you can see the buildings from the previous photo way back there.