Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #2701
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by shiner Quote
This is one of your best ever! Bravo!
Thank you kindly! I hope to continue to grow and refine my style.

06-30-2014, 08:04 AM   #2702
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Some random shots from the Smoky Mountains with K-01 (and a variety of lenses).
The wife and I have been wanting to rent a cabin up there and after looking at these my fire is stoked a bit more, TFS and great captures all around!

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Still life tends to be under represented on these forums...
Very true and I have often wondered what the deal is. When visiting the many forums and hosting sites out there they are replete with talented still life photogs but here there are fewer involved with this style. Perhaps due to the smaller population of Pentax users relative to other systems and those that do use Pentax gear primarily being of the outdoor type (WR and ruggedness being a factor here). I know in my case that although I don't care to partake in doing still life stuff (after all what I like about photography as a hobby is that it gets me outdoors more often), I do like checking out what others are sharing and can appreciate all manner of photography styles.

BTW I like the subtle lighting and textured details on the oil lamp and leaves but in this case the B&W version speaks to me more

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More shots from the previous posting's temple.

Last edited by gda13; 06-30-2014 at 08:31 AM.
06-30-2014, 08:07 AM   #2703

camera finally came in the mail!
07-01-2014, 03:19 AM   #2704
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Country Road.

07-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #2705
Site Supporter

I posted this shot a few days ago in the Spiders thread... Pentax-M 135mm F/3.5 plus reversed Vivitar MC 28mm F/2.8. I'm using a diffused off-camera flash (Yongnuo YN-560 III) on an L-bracket here. The power (compared to onboard flash) allows me to shoot iso100 and F/16 on the reversed lens, and I love the results! But that's a real heavy setup to carry around on a photowalk...

07-02-2014, 02:59 AM   #2706
Loyal Site Supporter

A couple of DA 15 limited shots from Chicago.

07-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #2707
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
But that's a real heavy setup to carry around on a photowalk...
Yes impressive results for sure, keep at it! BTW any photos of that setup with the new flash and bracket?

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
A couple of DA 15 limited shots from Chicago.
Reminds me that I still have many images waiting for me to go through from a trip to Philly earlier this year.

I like that first one...all that glass reflecting the sky from that angle adds a truly monolithic feel to the structure. Too bad there wasn't a way to avoid that bit of something down in the lower right corner...the 15mm sure grabs a lot into the frame. but in a way it adds to the closeness of all the buildings in that metropolis.

------------------------------------------------------

Washington National Cathedral...a large beautiful gothic style structure.

15mm ltd

10-17mm FE @ 10mm

Last edited by gda13; 07-02-2014 at 10:15 AM.
07-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #2708
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gda13 Quote
Yes impressive results for sure, keep at it! BTW any photos of that setup with the new flash and bracket?

Reminds me that I still have many images waiting for me to go through from a trip to Philly earlier this year.

I like that first one...all that glass reflecting the sky from that angle adds a truly monolithic feel to the structure. Too bad there wasn't a way to avoid that bit of something down in the lower right corner...the 15mm sure grabs a lot into the frame. but in a way it adds to the closeness of all the buildings in that metropolis.

------------------------------------------------------

Washington National Cathedral...a large beautiful gothic style structure.

15mm ltd

10-17mm FE @ 10mm
Thanks. I didn't have a whole lot of time to frame and shoot. I was with a family get together and had to keep up with everyone else (and keep my son from running into traffic).

07-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #2709
Site Supporter

Thanks! Ask and ye shall receive! (Note that I wasn't very careful with the lighting here...)

The main issue with this now is diffusion. I'm using a cheap Chinese diffuser with some added tissue inside to minimize the appearance of a hotspot, but for various reasons I'm not happy with that yet...

Love the IR (?) shot if the Washington National Cathedral, BTW!
07-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #2710
Pentaxian

Both shots were made with FA 50 at F 2.8. Processed in DxO with FilmPack. Click for larger versions.
07-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #2711
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
The main issue with this now is diffusion. I'm using a cheap Chinese diffuser with some added tissue inside to minimize the appearance of a hotspot, but for various reasons I'm not happy with that yet...

Love the IR (?) shot if the Washington National Cathedral, BTW!
Cool setup, I can see that indeed it does look a bit heavy to be carrying around for an extended period of time. I wonder if perhaps a monopod might be of good use in the field to aid in bearing the weight while facilitating steadiness. I have seen quite a few macro shooters at various botanical gardens using one. Keep us posted on what material you settle on to help in diffusing this more powerful flash.

BTW glad you like the WNC shot and yes it is an IR

QuoteOriginally posted by Stagnant Quote
Both shots were made with FA 50 at F 2.8. Processed in DxO with FilmPack. Click for larger versions.
That little bit of sunlight caught in your subject's eye in the first photo really brings out its nice color.
07-04-2014, 03:50 AM - 1 Like   #2712
Loyal Site Supporter

A couple with the FA 31 limited.

Last edited by Rondec; 07-04-2014 at 04:40 PM.
07-04-2014, 02:33 PM - 2 Likes   #2713
Loyal Site Supporter

FA31

07-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #2714
Pentaxian

That little bit of sunlight caught in your subject's eye in the first photo really brings out its nice color.
Thanks ! It was challenging to find a place with a suitable lighting in that part of park / forest. The combination of illuminated and shadowed spots created by branches made things more interesting. These shots were done more or less randomly, i.e. this is not a part of a photoset and the person is not a model
07-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #2715
Site Supporter

For the 4th!

Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. 35mm ltd

The Assembly Room inside Independence Hall where the Declaration of Independence was adopted on 07/04/1776. 35mm ltd

Independence Square, the site where the Declaration was read aloud to the public. 15mm ltd

Last edited by gda13; 07-05-2014 at 09:45 AM.