Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #721

Photos: Gallery
Thanks guys. That's Gunther's natural expression - perpetually grumpy looking and slightly wall-eyed.

01-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #722
Veteran Member

I have a couple of photos for the perusal of all.

I bought my K-01 two weeks ago, and have been getting used to the camera since. This is a fantastic camera, especially for the price. This camera is a steal at the price they're selling it at now. Go and buy one. This camera is very well suited to macro photography, and being used on a tripod. The focus peaking feature is great. I love this camera.

Now, on to the photos.

The first photo is of my loyal camera companion of the last five and a half years: my K100D taken with the K-01 and my K 55/1.8 lens.

The second is proof that I bought a K-01. Doesn't this bumble bee look cool?

Taken with the K100D and my M 100mm Macro.

I am very happy with my K-01.

If you're sitting on the fence of indecision, allow me to push you over. Buy a K-01.

Mike

Last edited by Mike Bokeh; 06-25-2013 at 10:42 PM.
01-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #723

Photos: Albums
These are some shots at a public interactive art display in Montreal at a place called the Quartier des Spectacles. The overall show is called Luminotherapie, and the photos are of a piece called "Icebergs." You walk under the metal arches and various lights flash while sounds play. They were taken by with the 35 limited on the K-01, except the last one with a FA 50. I saw lots of middle aged folks, possibly after something to drink, running giddily through these late at night.

Here's a link that tells you about the piece:

Luminothérapie: Iceberg | Montreal | Event | What to do | Major | Festival | Music | Tourism Montreal
01-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #724
Pentaxian

Some shots from Jonathan Dickinson State Park. Feedback is appreciated.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo   
01-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #725
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice. My eye lingered on the moss on #1, the sky on #2, and the woodgrain on #3.

Here's a silly attempt at making a very good camera take pictures like a very bad camera (with no PP):

01-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #726
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Nice. My eye lingered on the moss on #1, the sky on #2, and the woodgrain on #3.

Here's a silly attempt at making a very good camera take pictures like a very bad camera (with no PP):
Thanks! Your shot of the flowers is quite moody and dreamlike which I rather like.
01-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #727
Veteran Member

LeRolls, this is what I think regarding your photos:

The photo of the moss-covered tree is very well done. The tree is placed at the perfect spot in the frame. It makes the eye go up the tree, across the sky, down to the bottom of the frame and back up the tree again in a continuing circular motion. I like when a photo does this.

The other two are also well done,but the first one is the one that jumps out at me.

Good work.

Mike

01-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #728
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Bokeh Quote
LeRolls, this is what I think regarding your photos:

The photo of the moss-covered tree is very well done. The tree is placed at the perfect spot in the frame. It makes the eye go up the tree, across the sky, down to the bottom of the frame and back up the tree again in a continuing circular motion. I like when a photo does this.

The other two are also well done,but the first one is the one that jumps out at me.

Good work.

Mike
Thanks so much! Your feedback means a lot to me. People usually don't comment on the first shot and mostly gravitate to the other two. It's nice to know that that one it also eye catching to some.
01-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #729
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Some shots from Jonathan Dickinson State Park. Feedback is appreciated.
I like the framing on all three and the dramatic sky on the first specially, though I find the sky transition from dark blue to lighter blues too strong on the first one. Did you use a gradual ND filter on camera or post processing? Nice work!
01-23-2013, 01:06 PM - 1 Like   #730

My six month old shot with K-01 and 40 Limited.

Last edited by jwc77; 05-08-2013 at 06:57 AM.
01-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #731
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by iveous Quote
I like the framing on all three and the dramatic sky on the first specially, though I find the sky transition from dark blue to lighter blues too strong on the first one. Did you use a gradual ND filter on camera or post processing? Nice work!
I can see where you're coming from on the sky transition. No ND filter just PP. Thanks for the feedback!
01-23-2013, 10:14 PM - 1 Like   #732
Pentaxian

Some shots from the Animate! Anime Convention in Miami. Let me know what you guys think and if you'd like to see more!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
01-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #733
Veteran Member

Some snow in Paris lately

01-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #734
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Some shots from the Animate! Anime Convention in Miami. Let me know what you guys think and if you'd like to see more!
Neat! I haven't been to an Anime con in a dog's life (got tired of younger otaku showing up with their moms - and the moms were young enough to be interesting ). Did you find the K-01 to help with people-photography? (not that cosplayers are ever camera-shy )
01-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #735
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Neat! I haven't been to an Anime con in a dog's life (got tired of younger otaku showing up with their moms - and the moms were young enough to be interesting ). Did you find the K-01 to help with people-photography? (not that cosplayers are ever camera-shy )
Hard to say really since there were so many people there taking pictures anyway, iPhones all the way up to FFs with flashes. I find the shots I take of people with my Q to be the most inconspicuous though. I suppose in terms of street style photography the K-01 wouldn't get nearly as noticed as a full on DSLR but again I tend to lean more towards the Q for that sort of thing. Thanks for the feedback!