Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2987 Likes Search this Thread
06-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #2686
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
gda13, I love those IR shots!

Here is the tiniest grasshopper I've ever seen, photographed during a walk around Lac Boivin, near Granby, in Quebec's eastern townships. Tamron 90 plus Raynox 250.
Thanks, glad you like them!

Regarding your shot, thats one of the better examples I've seen so far of a Raynox 250 combined with a dedicated macro. IQ-wise if you wouldn't have mentioned it I wouldn't have known it was there...so I think I'll be adding one to my kit for sure.

Just curious, in order to help us get a true sense of scale since flowers come in a variety of sizes...how big would you say that grasshopper is, is that part of a blade of grass towards the upper left?

06-19-2014, 06:45 PM - 1 Like   #2687
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gda13 Quote
Regarding your shot, thats one of the better examples I've seen so far of a Raynox 250 combined with a dedicated macro. IQ-wise if you wouldn't have mentioned it I wouldn't have known it was there...
Thanks! The flower helped - since it was white (ie super reflexive), I was able to drop the iso to 280.

QuoteQuote:
Just curious, in order to help us get a true sense of scale since flowers come in a variety of sizes...how big would you say that grasshopper is, is that part of a blade of grass towards the upper left?
The flower itself was very small. With the Raynox and Tamron at MFD, I get a frame that's about 14mm-wide. (An American dime is 18mm across.) There's a slight crop on this, so the frame is maybe 13mm, which would make this grasshopper roughly 4-5mm long (or around 0.16 to 0.19 inches for Americans). You could barely make out that it was some sort of grasshopper with the naked eye. There were maybe 12-15 of them in a patch of small white flowers, so I'm thinking maybe this is a juvenile...?
06-20-2014, 07:52 AM   #2688

Photos: Gallery
06-22-2014, 05:01 PM   #2689
Veteran Member

With the Sigma 10-20mm

06-22-2014, 11:29 PM - 1 Like   #2690
Pentaxian

Some shots from a beautiful temple situated along the Sông Đa Nhim river of Đức Trọng district in the central highlands of Vietnam.

According to a very friendly nun, who invited me to look around inside and sit for some tea, they rarely get any foreign visitors. Probably because its a bit off the beaten path. They have a large amount of land that is used to grow coffee and the proceeds made by selling it are used to fund the everyday operations as well as provide a sort of retirement home for elderly who want to live there and volunteer their time. They were so kind and not only was l given about a pound and a half of coffee but while wandering the grounds some people who were tending the vegetable garden offered me some homemade frozen yogurt (which was delicious) and a friend of my in-laws who lives there invited us to join them for lunch.

35mm ltd

06-24-2014, 02:15 AM   #2691
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sharp emotions... K3 contest round 2

Here's my shot taken with K-01 and somehow uncommon Carl Zeiss Flektogon 65mm lens.
It is x-posted from my K3 contest round 2 submission, for which I picked the theme " Sharp emotions..." - if you go there, you can read more about the shot and the setup.
Hope you enjoy.. even though the image touches something as distressful as suicide.
'>' manntax

06-24-2014, 03:00 AM - 1 Like   #2692
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Some random shots from the Smoky Mountains with K-01 (and a variety of lenses).

06-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #2693
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

old harbor
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
06-27-2014, 11:33 PM - 4 Likes   #2694
Pentaxian

Last edited by LeRolls; 06-28-2014 at 12:20 AM.
06-28-2014, 10:04 AM   #2695
Veteran Member

Great photo

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
LeRolls, you certainly have a talent for putting together very beautiful and imagineative photos. I admire your ability.
06-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #2696
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
LeRolls, you certainly have a talent for putting together very beautiful and imagineative photos. I admire your ability.
Thank you, I appreciate that. This one took a little longer than usual since it is currently the rainy season here in Florida and I wanted this image to have a very dry, old, and decayed feel to it. Also finding a way to suspend the dead leaves in a makeshift frame was a bit tricky (ended up using bent coat hangers and clothes pins).
06-28-2014, 05:32 PM   #2697
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you, I appreciate that. This one took a little longer than usual since it is currently the rainy season here in Florida and I wanted this image to have a very dry, old, and decayed feel to it. Also finding a way to suspend the dead leaves in a makeshift frame was a bit tricky (ended up using bent coat hangers and clothes pins).
LeRolls, I agree with jimH's sentiment. You certainly have the talent and a creative eye. Well done!
06-28-2014, 09:05 PM   #2698
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by chuck_c Quote
LeRolls, I agree with jimH's sentiment. You certainly have the talent and a creative eye. Well done!
You are too kind! Just trying to get the most out of my K-01s and those lovely FA Limiteds. Still life tends to be under represented on these forums so I'm just doing my part in adding some variety.
06-29-2014, 03:12 AM - 1 Like   #2699
Pentaxian

This is one of your best ever! Bravo!
06-29-2014, 03:16 AM   #2700
Pentaxian

LBA has taken up nearly every bit of room on my mouse pad.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo