Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for being such a good sport! I'm extremely glad to hear that focus peaking works in AF mode to provide quick shift more assistance! That's an extremely good pairing of features!

03-13-2012, 10:08 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Looking at the image in Playback I can see operator error despite SR Confirmation, which is what I was really trying out. I need much practice creating a stable platform to use this camera for telephoto. So fat the DA40Ltd. is a dream

One way I've been able to create a stable platform (when needed) is to put my elbows into my side, put the strap around my neck, then pull the camera away from me to tighten the strap. That gives me three points of support.
03-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
One way I've been able to create a stable platform (when needed) is to put my elbows into my side, put the strap around my neck, then pull the camera away from me to tighten the strap. That gives me three points of support.
+1

Thanks!! I read you're description of that in another thread. I haven't yet attached the strap.

From the very beginning i've suggested one not hold this camera like a compact. I'm trying out my platform method, which is to hold the camera as pictured in the User Manuals for SLR's. That brings the LCD about 8' - 10" in front of my nose (not my eyes). I could adjust the strap so that it is firm at that distance.
03-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the initial product photos of the K-01 had been released with the DA21 attached, I think there would have been much less complaining about the K-01's aesthetics.