Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nparsons13 Quote
Here's the latest from Pentax US, as of this morning:

monochrome, I haven't tried out the +/- button for DoF yet. Last night I did put a little piece of foil over pin 7, and it did enable Green Button speed setting. I should have tried the +/- button with that setup. I'll try it again.
Excellent!! We're getting there!! IIReadC the EV "slider" called up when we G/B and/or +/- DoF shows +/- 3EVF and warns if the exposure is outside those boundaries,
QuoteOriginally posted by nparsons13 Quote
What is the process of using screw-mount lenses with the K-5 and K-r? Is one of the buttons used to set shutter speed on those models?
I couldn't play last night and I have a meeting tonight. I'll look at my K10D and give you the e-dial mapping options. m42 lenses work just fine. IIRC I mapped Av to the rear dial and Exposure Compensation to the front dial, since the camera will shift the shutter speed.

My big change is a AF with the rear AF button. Since the K-01 combines AF and AE-L I ahven't changed that yet, so I half-press to AF. Causes some issues when composing a Rule of Thirds position for the subject since I often want to lock the exposure when focused. I will paly with mapping AE-L to AF Lock and see if that works.

Adam's instructions:
  1. Set your camera to M mode using the mode dial (your camera won't fire in other modes*)
  2. Compose and focus your image.
  3. Using the aperture ring, select your desired aperture setting. Note that the smaller the aperture number is, the more light passes through the lens, and the blurrier the out of focus areas of your photograph will be.
  4. [Screwmount lenses only] Switch the diaphragm clutch on your lens to "Manual" (you can leave it on Auto when composing and focusing).
  5. Measure the light by either pressing the "Green Button", or pushing your power button to DOF preview mode (only available on select bodies). Your camera will automatically set the shutter speed for you.
Next project: We can set camera so it will not fire unless in focus. I'm GUESSING that is equivalent to Catch-in-Focus, though it is not described that way. I'm going to experiment with that on cars moving on a boulevard near my house. If that works it will be great for MF long-lens OOF background shooting to capture 3D still. Zoomed Focus Peaking will really help with that.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-28-2012 at 12:03 PM.