Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-01 Review: 100,000 Hits - Passes Q Review

After just over 5 days, it looks like our Pentax K-01 review has overtaken our Q review in hits. Both are now over 100,000 reads, but I think this shows one thing: either we did a damn good job of promoting the review, or Pentax has actually released a camera that's appealing to more than just current Pentax users

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's yellow, that's why!
03-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
but...the Q is pink!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

One is garish, the other fashionable!

But that is quite a good thing to know, the K-01 really did make a splash

03-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
Banned

Well I think it appeals more to people in our hemisfere.

By the way, a tip in using K-01:
The Q's O-VF1 matches well with FA 31mm/f1.8 on the K-01!
03-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Just saw that also. If you want to pay $250 for it, I guess it would make a fine addition to the K-01!

Adam

03-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Both are now over 100,000 reads, but I think this shows one thing: either we did a damn good job of promoting the review, or Pentax has actually released a camera that's appealing to more than just current Pentax users
That's impossible, because the K-01 is a failure and a mistake and a failure and violates the prime directive, or something.

03-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #8
Banned

I forgot about the Q review but now that I just ordered one I will read it now.
03-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
hcc
Pentaxian

After just over 5 days, it looks like our Pentax K-01 review has overtaken our Q review in hits. Both are now over 100,000 reads, but I think this shows one thing: either we did a damn good job of promoting the review, or Pentax has actually released a camera that's appealing to more than just current Pentax users
I think that the number of hits reflects also the details and thoroughness of the PF review. Well done Adam!
03-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #10
Inactive Account

either we did a damn good job of promoting the review, or Pentax has actually released a camera that's appealing to more than just current Pentax users
The KO-1 is "the new hope". So clicks don't depend on its possibilities - it's just the first reasonable mirrorless APS-C.
Unfortunately, most of he features neccessary for most of the photographers are abscent - so we'll see just "clicks".
03-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Heh, well BH sold out their stock of black K-01 kits- so I guess it's not a trainwreck, right?

Adam

03-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations Adam - and Pentax! The K-01 might not be for everyone but it is a very nice camera for the right user. The fact that it isn't quite so serious is one of its little blessings. I predict a strong showing and a long life for this line.
03-17-2012, 02:08 AM   #13

I spoke to some of my friends who jumped into dslr world because it felt like a good opportunity - dslr's became much cheaper, more affordable, and they offer significant picture improvement over point'n'shoot cameras. But some of them realized that they made a rash decision, and that dslr is not what they are looking for. I think K-01 is the camera that many amateur dslr users will welcome, and maybe this is why there are so much hits to K-01 review. I have much faith in K-01 role in today's market, and I think that Pentax did a great job anticipating the direction of consumer's appetite.
03-17-2012, 03:12 AM   #14
Banned

Heh, well BH sold out their stock of black K-01 kits- so I guess it's not a trainwreck, right?
Any idea about planned production numbers? The first batch of pre-orders by stores overhere is only 200 pieces, so that won't keep them busy at the Pentax plant in Fillipines. So I hope it will take off and sell good.