Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
They indicated, several times, that they know that there will be fans and detractors based on the design. They also stated, clearly I thought, that they awaited a production model to speak to IQ and other operational issues. Frankly, it was not a fan-boy review but it wasn't a bad one IMHO.
I originally saaid the corrected preview was fair. But stating that "there is no aperture lever, so pre-KA lenses must be shot wide open" is just so ignorant that it becomes unprofessional, inattentive and plain poor journalism. I can't think of an excuse that explains.

Thrn to delete perfectly reasonable Comments - not inflammatory in tone, just critical of the quality of the journalism - and blame their own error on a pre-production model without a manual - all that just shows DPR ro bew a bunch of thin-skinned hacks.

They screwed up. Done and Done.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-24-2012 at 02:50 PM.
03-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
They screwed up. Done and Done.
Yep, and they corrected their error, which is more than most would do. To me, this is cause for props not slops. But then again I don't believe anyone is perfect, not even reviewers at photography websites.

Your response is to repeatedly insult the reviewer and question their integrity. How very gracious of you!
03-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

First Pentax (digital) body for me, and put an M lens on today, and so easy and nice to set up and use... I guess they have all been this way, what a pleasure, just what I was hoping for. I also shot some slides with an old body--I had some specific things to document in the garden--a necessary interlude from a very busy weekend. What a pleasure.
03-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Yep, and they corrected their error, which is more than most would do. To me, this is cause for props not slops. But then again I don't believe anyone is perfect, not even reviewers at photography websites.

Your response is to repeatedly insult the reviewer and question their integrity. How very gracious of you!
I never questioned the integrity of the writer of the preview. I never accused (him?) of any bias, nor did I ever state that (he) or DPR had any nefarious intent WRT the K-01. In fact I originally wrote that the corrected preview was, I thought, fair and even handed.

I observed that the D800 page on Amazon has a direct link to the DPR review of the D800. I observed that I find the link placement interesting.

I stated the original preview was hasty, sloppy, inattentive and unprofessional journalism. The writer didn't put enough effort into the "preview" to even credit the obvious ability to meter manual focus lenses, which the pre-production camera clearly can do. He directly stated the K-01 does not have an aperture lever, which clearly the pre-production camera does have.

When DPR "corrected" their sloppy, hasty, inattentive and unprofessional error they blamed everyone but themselves. Furthermore they deleted reasonable comments by reasonable posters pointing out their error- several of them posted by members here. Some of those are shown earlier on this thread and the other thread.

This Forum was started in part to host a Pentax discussion for and by people who are even-handed and fair to the brand (and who are realistic about the other brands, as amply demonstrated by recent discussion of the D800). Many of the original members came here because they had been banned from DPR for responding to the precise sloppiness and thin-skinned behavior they demonstrated yesterday. Clearly they haven't changed a whit over the years.

You can impugn my grace all day long if you so choose. You can repeatedly plump for MFT and an adapter (although losing the ability to autofocus a Pentax lens) hourly - and you will. You can denigrate the K-01 until you are blue in the face. Adam won't ban you. The Mods won't warn you. Your comments won't be deleted.

DPR has always lacked and still lacks character and they still screwed up. Still Done and Done.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-24-2012 at 06:25 PM.
03-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #35
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
I'd have thought Ricoh-Pentax would have sent them a copy to play with... But no review on site...
I think our review may have scared them away (particularly that shaky table!)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #36
Banned

Photos: Albums
You can repeatedly plump for MFT and an adapter (although losing the ability to autofocus a Pentax lens) hourly - and you will. You can denigrate the K-01 until you are blue in the face. Adam won't ban you. The Mods won't warn you. Your comments won't be deleted.
Robin has not mentioned either MFT or K-01 in this thread.
03-25-2012, 01:03 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Ca fasiat peur ... très peur

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Bonjour Adam,

Ah oui, oui, oui ... your table scared the merde out of a lot of viewers ... moi aussi.

Salut, J Frog

03-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
Robin has not mentioned either MFT or K-01 in this thread.
Monochrome is indeed confused and has a (very blunt) axe to grind. Now that he has made this abundantly clear, I will ignore him except when he tries to mislead yet another poster looking for help.
03-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #39
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Moved to the K-01 forum (not sure why it wasn't earlier!)

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #40
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by John Poitiers Quote
Ah oui, oui, oui ... your table scared the merde out of a lot of viewers ... moi aussi.
Alright for the record, it would never fall over because I had my legs underneath it to keep it from doing so. This will be clarified in the next video review (which should be up soon!).

Adam

03-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #41
Banned

That table scared me too, everytime your FA*80-200mm was shaking.
03-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #42
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Not to worry, I've got an extra one, or two

Adam

03-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Not to worry, I've got an extra one, or two
Hey, quit hogging up the good stuff!
03-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #44
Veteran Member

I never questioned the integrity of the writer of the preview. I never accused (him?) of any bias, nor did I ever state that (he) or DPR had any nefarious intent WRT the K-01. In fact I originally wrote that the corrected preview was, I thought, fair and even handed.

The person who accused them of bias would be me.

This is my opinion and I have come to conclude it after being member there from year 2005 and visiting that site almost everyday from that day.

It is too difficult to link to every small thing that has happened and forced me to conclude it. So just take it as someone's opinion. Agreeing or disagreeing to this opinion is upto the reader.
03-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
This is my opinion and I have come to conclude it after being member there from year 2005 and visiting that site almost everyday from that day.
I believe that the ACTUAL Dp® guys are OK, but the forums are becoming bloated because of the sheer mass of people there. With any overall increase of numbers you get an increase of idiots.