Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
03-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #91
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rjm Quote
The NEX-7 is a pretty amazing piece of kit, and that's coming from someone who generally dislikes Sony's fussy, walkman-esque approach to camera design in general and the NEX system in particular. The three command dials (one front, two aft) are a simply brilliant idea, giving you ISO, shutter speed, and aperture control simultaneously, no shift-press. It's also a solid metal brick, and has a EVF, all in a just-compact-enough-to-be-compact-without-being-cramped size. So yeah I'm not surprised it his preferred camera. It's that slick.
Its one thing to say that someone prefers one camera over other than to say that other camera is stupid or useless because he prefers this one. I also like NEX7 and would get it over K-01.

In the same thread at DPR Andy also said that all the other mirrorlesses like M43 and NEX are significantly small. Now if Andy takes photos without lenses they may be small but as soon as he puts K mount lenses they would all come out to be same size (almost) and on K-01 user does not have to pay extra 30000 yen or so to use these lenses.

Further if significantly small makes it better then also he did not explain why he hated Q so much. Is Q not significantly smaller than rest of mirrorless systems??

If I have to ask above question I probably would get reply that IQ is also important and IQ of Q is not upto the standards. Then why K-01 is dissed?? IQ of K-01 is upto the standards of K5, isn't it.

So you see there is no fixed reason for DPR to hate K-01, they just do because probably it is not nikon or canon.

03-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #92
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Pentax's vision for the CSC is, to my mind, the right one. But right now the "marketplace of reviewers" doen't share that vision. I wonder if Pentax could have done a better job of promoting thier thinking to the media press.
If I were pentax since I have got Q (the very small) and K-01 (the k-mounter), I would try to get one more mirrorless in e mount of sony with APC and make camera damn small just as NEXes. And by doing so I do not have to worry about lenses for another mirrorless. Then slowly put lenses into emount too. If there are two players in e-mount it would be much strong.

It is clear that mirrorless is camera of future and for small player like pentax it is good to share things with big player like Sony.
03-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #93
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mervis Quote
I own a K-01 and have very few real-world complaints.

+1

Sure there are people whom will never give the K-01 a second look . But there are also the people that own them and know better.